Tom Bricker

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
I remember Tom Bricker from way back in the day... full of ambition and passion for photography. While I stopped following a while back I still would stop to see his work from time to time. While I’ve never been impressed with the photography he’s a good example of a guy that saw an opening and hit the gap full speed. I wonder how his relationship with Disney works behind the scenes etc with his site and the access he receives across the global WDW park system.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I remember Tom Bricker from way back in the day... full of ambition and passion for photography. While I stopped following a while back I still would stop to see his work from time to time. While I’ve never been impressed with the photography he’s a good example of a guy that saw an opening and hit the gap full speed. I wonder how his relationship with Disney works behind the scenes etc with his site and the access he receives across the global WDW park system.

He's not gone...

It's been a year since he's posted here... @WDWFigment

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Nothing better to do with your time? He's a resource (with great photography).
One of the first things you teach students is that you critique work, not people.

Not sure where I insulted his professionalism , passion, ethics, personality etc.

I actually his admire his willingness to see a gap in the Disney community, photography... and take it by storm.

But I’m with Border... over processing of everything, over reliance of wide angles but he knows what sells.

thomas998

One of the first things you teach students is that you critique work, not people.

Not sure where I insulted his professionalism , passion, ethics, personality etc.

I actually his admire his willingness to see a gap in the Disney community, photography... and take it by storm.

But I’m with Border... over processing of everything, over reliance of wide angles but he knows what sells.
Not unlike that mass production painter that was popular about 10 or 20 years ago, Thomas Kencade. I always wondered if that guy really liked the garbage painting he did or if he just did them because they sold. I'm sure there are a lot of artists that end up doing the same stuff over and over even when they are tired of doing simply because its what sells. What would really happen if Bricker went in a new direction? It's possible the places selling his stuff would stop selling them... So I can't hate on someone just because they do the same thing over and over. I may not like what they do, but if its making them money I can see why they do it. The people that do things they want don't always seem to be the most successful when it comes to money as the ones that just give the people what they want. Jeff Beck comes to mind as someone that seems to do what he likes regardless of what the people want and some of the music he has made isn't my cup of tea, others I can listen to over and over... but his career never really took off like a lot of other more commercial driven guitar players and that's the trade off of doing what your heart wants versus what sells.

WDI 1998

I have to say that regardless of how his work is perceived seeing his work got me back into photography. I think he has been able to grow his passion into a career which is the ultimate goal for any of us. Isn't it? I met him a few years ago while getting a shot at the Magic Kingdom and he was setting up to get his own. When you meet him in person his is approachable and kind.

For me it is nice to see that he has grown beyond his beginnings here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom