Toll Road Cost

Wisconsin

How much are the current tolls from the Orlando airport to WDW? We usually go ME but this trip are renting a car. Just want to have enough change ready. THANK YOU!

tizzo

There's an online toll calculator at the expressway authority's web site.

http://www.expresswayauthority.com/Corporate/travel/TollCalculator.aspx

I ran the toll from Boggy Creek Road, where the airport is, to exit 3 and exit 6 on SR417. According to the toll calculator, if you leave SR417 at exit 6, it's $2.50, which reflects the two $1.25 mainline toll plazas. If you stay on until exit 3, there's another $0.50 exit toll, which bumps it up to $3.00. This is all consistent with my memory. The only place you should need exact change is the $0.50 at exit 3. So make sure you have cash on you, and save the quarters you get at the mainline plazas (or get off at exit 6), and you should be fine.

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

Do not bring cash to the toll booths, you will not be happy. Get yourself a roll of quarters and/or dimes. Do not, I REPEAT!, do not throw all your change into the coin catch with one throw. The machines are notorious for not giving full credit if you do. Throw one coin at a time into the coin catch and then it works fine.

Upvote 0

tahqa

If you take the Beachline (SR 528) instead of SR 417 you'll save some money. It's only two tolls going that way to get to I-4. Just be aware that there is potential for backups on westbound I-4.

When I'm going to Disney World I usually use SR 528 rather than SR 417 because, for me, it tends to be quicker.

Upvote 0

onesandzeros

Here's a route with NO tolls.
Take the South Exit out of the airport.
This will turn into a two way road after passing the 417 exit.
You'll come to a Y for 530 .. right hand turn puts you on Boggy Creek
Stay on Boggy Creek until you get to 192 and turn right again.
Follow the signs on 192 to WDW - after passing under 4

Suggest you check this route on a map prior to driving.

Upvote 0

tahqa

Yes, but keep in mind that 192 is heavily traveled and there are lots of traffic lights and will add about 30 minutes to your drive.

Upvote 0

drp4video

I will spend the xtra money on the tolls as I hate waiting in traffic. I do get off at exit 6 so I save $.50. But I laugh as the tolls are nothing in the scheme of things considering the cost of a Disney trip. lol

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I will spend the xtra money on the tolls as I hate waiting in traffic. I do get off at exit 6 so I save $.50. But I laugh as the tolls are nothing in the scheme of things considering the cost of a Disney trip. lol

Yeah, given how much money a trip to WDW costs, one probably shouldn't worry about an extra 50 cents here or there for a toll!

Upvote 0

tizzo

I'm a local(ish) passholder, and the tolls for me were $7 round trip before the hikes. Probably closer to $8 and change now. And even I won't bear the drive on non-toll roads. US192 is actually far more direct than the route I take - but I did that once and will never do it again.

Upvote 0

rachelredfearn

Just an FYI , we too are renting a car and on the dollar site noticed it mentioned that we will NOT be able to pay the toll and that some of Florida tolls are going cashless in favorof the transponder route. Says if we go through and don't have the transponder we will be charged 25.00 for every toll Argo trhouth without paying ! Yikes! So I just had to google a route withno tolls as they charge 7.00 a day to rent the transponders! anyone else hear of this??????

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

Just an FYI , we too are renting a car and on the dollar site noticed it mentioned that we will NOT be able to pay the toll and that some of Florida tolls are going cashless in favorof the transponder route. Says if we go through and don't have the transponder we will be charged 25.00 for every toll Argo trhouth without paying ! Yikes! So I just had to google a route withno tolls as they charge 7.00 a day to rent the transponders! anyone else hear of this??????

The system for toll roads in Florida is being switched to method involving transponder/toll by plate system. See the accompanying link.
https://www.sunpass.com/violations

Upvote 0

tizzo

That's not just Dollar. There's a dedicated program for rental companies, and Dollar is one of several that participate. Note that for Dollar, that $7 is a flat fee - it includes the tolls. Same goes for Thrifty, and a few others. Since tolls are included, it may not be such a bad deal, depending on length of stay. You might ask them if you can pay for the transponder only for selected days, such as the days of arrival and departure. I'd be surprised if you could, but you don't know until you ask - and there's always the possibility they'll make an exception to get your business.

Hertz and Advantage (according the SunPass site) charge $2.95 per day for the transponder plus whatever tolls you use.

https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

Note that cashless tolls (at least for now) only exist on the FL Turnpike in south Florida. If you're in and around the Orlando area, there should be lanes that accept cash (either manned or exact change) at every toll plaza, as this area does not require drivers to have EPass or SunPass and does not have toll-by-plate.

Upvote 0

drp4video

my mom rented a car after flying in from Phoenix and mistakenly went through the sunpass lane twice as she didn't know what to do when she got to the tolls (she is 78 years old). She said there was no one there to ask when she made a mistake and went through the wrong lanes and she could not back up so she didn't know what to do and just drove through but left some money somewhere..I have no idea where lol. She was confused. Not sure how much her ticket (s) will be as she did this twice on the way from the airport to POFQ until she realized she wasn't supposed to go in those lanes.

Upvote 0

tizzo

my mom rented a car after flying in from Phoenix and mistakenly went through the sunpass lane twice as she didn't know what to do when she got to the tolls (she is 78 years old). She said there was no one there to ask when she made a mistake and went through the wrong lanes and she could not back up so she didn't know what to do and just drove through but left some money somewhere..I have no idea where lol. She was confused. Not sure how much her ticket (s) will be as she did this twice on the way from the airport to POFQ until she realized she wasn't supposed to go in those lanes.

I'd suggest you call the rental company, tell them what happened, and ask them what you should do. I'd do it sooner than later. I don't know how it works with a rental car (it seems to vary with the company), but I know for personal vehicles the expressway authority treats you differently if you self-report as opposed to waiting for a citation. If they hear it from you before they hear it from the expressway authority they might be willing to give you better terms than if it happens the other way around.

Upvote 0

drp4video

Thanks. This happened around September 4th and I must emailed her today and she says she has not heard anything or received anything yet. I will let her know what you said.

Upvote 0

Ticket07

As per I know that All toll costs are different. They vary from $0.15 to over $5.00. Go to your states' department of transportation website and review the toll roads and costs associated with the road you will use so that you are prepared for payment owed.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Does anyone know if this still holds true?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom