tokyo VS shanghai

sacaldf

Original Poster
Hello all, i have been looking with out luck, for a head to head between tokyo and shanghai, im traveling with the family in early December, and will visit both cities but can only pick one disney park, and dont know which one i would very much thank all the recommendation and info

best

Edward M

Tokyo Disneysea, undoubtedly. The other two parks don't compare in any sense. If you can squeeze in a visit to Tokyo DL, I would do so, especially since it's also superior to Shanghai. But ya, Toyko Disneysea is approximately 40x better than either of those other parks. It is universally known as the best Disney park by nearly everyone who has visited it. Just, go to Disneysea; you won't regret it!!!

lazyboy97o

A second for Tokyo DisneySEA.

If you choose Tokyo, do be aware that there is no 1 Day or 2 Day parking hopping at Tokyo Disney Resort. They do offer the Starlight Passport and After 6 Passport if you have time for a partial day at Tokyo Disneyland.

GiveMeTheMusic

Hello all, i have been looking with out luck, for a head to head between tokyo and shanghai, im traveling with the family in early December, and will visit both cities but can only pick one disney park, and dont know which one i would very much thank all the recommendation and info

best

Go to Tokyo DisneySea. No question, no contest.

BrianLo

Tokyo Disney Sea, full stop. The lack of park hopping is actually doing you a favour, you'd be too tempted to try both and that would be a shame. Just enjoy Disney Sea to its fullest.

Travel Junkie

Tokyo Disney Sea is the clear choice. Also picking Tokyo over Shanghai as a city. Not that Shanghai isn't a great city, but Tokyo is a few notches above for things to do.

sacaldf

Original Poster
Thanks to all,
Regardin travel junkie we sre going to both cities but just want to do one disney, so i think the clear winner is tokyo wichi brings me to my second question we are spending 5 nights in tokyo my olan is the first 2 at a disney hotel adn 3 in the city
We arrive from a long flight (mex-narita) on a sunday ay 6 am so i think we will be arriving around 9 pm eith jetlang (and 3 kids) should we do
A sunday half day disney monday full day disneysea
B sunday half day disneysea minday full day disney
Taking into acount crowds and sieze of the parks

Thanks again

lazyboy97o

Definitely do the full day at Tokyo DisneySEA.

Also look into taking the Limo Bus from Narita to your hotel (it’s a coach bus, not a limo). Taxis are very expensive and there is no direct train service.

I personally don’t think Tokyo Disney Resort is too far out of the way, via train, from the city center if you don’t want to change hotels.

Nightscotsman

If you can, I would switch to stay in the City first then do TDR on the weekdays. Weekends are EXTREMELY busy and frequently reach capacity. In any case, be sure to be at the gates at least an hour before park open - there will already be large lines, bring something to sit on. All that said, the TDR cast members are very used to huge crowds so everything is organized and orderly, and guests are uniformly polite and well-behaved.

Here's a TDR crowd calendar (in Japanese, but you can use Google translate): http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/. Looks like early December during the week is not bad.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks to all,
Regardin travel junkie we sre going to both cities but just want to do one disney, so i think the clear winner is tokyo wichi brings me to my second question we are spending 5 nights in tokyo my olan is the first 2 at a disney hotel adn 3 in the city
We arrive from a long flight (mex-narita) on a sunday ay 6 am so i think we will be arriving around 9 pm eith jetlang (and 3 kids) should we do
A sunday half day disney monday full day disneysea
B sunday half day disneysea minday full day disney
Taking into acount crowds and sieze of the parks

Thanks again

Do full day at DisneySea. At Disneyland, make sure to ride Pooh, Monsters Inc and see Dreamlights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom