Tokyo Splash Retheme

SweetDuffy101

It is, Tokyo fans got really mad (it was like a million hits on social media) when it was removed months back. I think the explanation is that they had to refresh their license for that particular song. It wasn't the only song removed.
Got really mad is an over reaction. people are gaslighting this situation. and the thing is the fans are already mentally prepared for the retheme of splash. its just a matter of time and which IP they will use. Whether they pitched PATF on OLC or IF its going to be a zootopia theme redo of critter country we still have to wait 5-10 years since they have alot of going on with fantasy springs and Space mountain.

cjkeating

I saw a video from a site not to be named that apparently Zip A Dee Doo Dah is still playing on the monorail.
I'm sure I read on a Twitter that there is a loop somewhere at WDW that still plays it. I don't really get why it has had to be purged from existence.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Thinking about it, Splash Mountain closing in Japan while possible seems unlikely for the time being:

• Song of the South, and by extension the Uncle Remus stories they are based off of, are public domain in Japan. Therefore, they don't have to pay the necessary licensing fees to keep the ride open.
  • The issues regarding the source material are nearly nonexistent because of cultural differences.
  • The entire Critter Country land is themed after the movie and a redo of the attraction would likely require years of work.
  • Japan loves cute animal characters and Splash is full of them.

Soleurs

In the Parks
Yes
Thinking about it, Splash Mountain closing in Japan while possible seems unlikely for the time being:

• Song of the South, and by extension the Uncle Remus stories they are based off of, are public domain in Japan. Therefore, they don't have to pay the necessary licensing fees to keep the ride open.
  • The issues regarding the source material are nearly nonexistent because of cultural differences.
  • The entire Critter Country land is themed after the movie and a redo of the attraction would likely require years of work.
  • Japan loves cute animal characters and Splash is full of them.
Combine that with the fact that Splash has among the highest guest satisfaction ratings at the entire resort, consistently long waits even in cold months, and is the only pre-COVID attraction they chose to monetize with DPA (even skipping Hunny Hunt), plus the fact that one headliner will already be offline for three years on the other side of the park and having a second headliner down for upwards of a year or more would be highly unlikely, it seems like it could be 2027-28 by the time the ride closes if it does.

And honestly by then the bad PR surrounding the ride may have dissipated, a new regime will be in place at TWDC that may not care as much if at all, and they can just continue on their merry way without being forced to spend tens or hundreds of millions on a redo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom