Tokyo DisneySeas

JaynMACP96_97_9

Original Poster
Hi all,

I had a chance to spend one day here last March(02) while on vacation in Japan. It was truly an experience. I had the impression that its at capacity most of the time. Can anyone from Tokyo, or that has worked there comfirm that? It had just opened that prior fall and they still had opening merchandise available so i picked up a tshirt and a few other things.

It was interesting to see the take on the area that resembles Cape Cod/Ann. I grew up 30 minutes from Cape Cod, and still live in the area. Add having been a cast member and knowing thru and thru the theming they've done in WDW, and then add to it that this is catered towards a culture of which only probably only 30-40% at most will ever see these actual areas and its quite a surreal experience. lol...

I have a few pictures i took with my digital cam. I'm brand new to this site as of today, and if i find an appropriate location to upload them to here, i'll do so. Otherwise, i'll write back to this thread and let you know a link to find them at.

There don't seem to be nearly as many folks talking about the Tokyo parks as there are DLP or the main resorts. So if you've been to Tokyo i'd like to read your perspectives.

Jay

WeirdOne

I'm the WDWMagic Tokyo expert. Welcome to the boards! Note that I've never been there. This board is empty most of the time due at least 99% of the visitors this site only visiting/knowing about Walt Disney World/Disneyland Resort. It's a shame.

As for your question, DisneySea is at capacity on most days or very close to it. Very rarely will it drop below about 40,000 I'd say. Even during a typhoon is scored over 15,000 which is what DCA calls a medium to heavy day, so you know they oviously are packed most of the year.

I'd love to see your pictures and once again, welcome! - The WeirdOne :D

JaynMACP96_97_9

Original Poster
Hey Weird One

I posted the 5 or so pics i have in my gallery here on the site earlier this afternoon. Enjoy!

Yeah, we were there on a weekday and you wouldn't believe the number of students there were in the park, besides the regular Japanese tourists.

We were staying between Yokohama and Tokyo, and the Resort is located about a 15-20min subway ride north of Tokyo towards Narita International AP. So by the time we got there it was around 11am i'd say.

We walked around first, getting acclimated to our new surroundings. Its great to feel that again. I lost that feeling after the first time i worked at WDW on the college program. Then we started seeing the HUGE lines at ALL of the attractions. So we knew we wanted to do the Indiana Jones ride we got a fast pass for that. Then we did a live show that had to do with the rainforest that was pretty well done. Then we waited in line forever for that storm ride in port discovery. Grabbed a bite to eat. Then we walked around the Arabic section and headed back to the Indiana Jones ride.

We never had a chance to do the volcano ride because that line was the longest and one of the girls with us had already done it and wouldn't again...lol.

But you should really get over there when you get the chance. Our trip wasn't very expensive at all. We bought our airfares right after 9-11 for around 600 RT. Tokyo and the surrounding cities are filled with economical hotels. I just wish i had more time to go to Mt Fuji and travel by train to the more rural areas of Japan. Tokyo is just so immense. We spent 8 of our 11 days just hanging out in Tokyo and all its prefectures. What a great city and culture!

JaynMACP96_97_9

Original Poster
My DisneySeas pics

Hey Brer,

Just do a search under my screen name or "tokyo" or "disneyseas" in the gallery and it will bring them all up.

When i uploaded them earlier they were the only ones in this gallery.

If anyone has any other shots of DisneySeas or TDL please post them.

Also, if anyone is interested in non-Disney pics from Tokyo/Yokohama, let me know, i have a ton of those. But it was my first time in that park and i tend to want to do rather than snap the first time i go somewhere new.

Enjoy the pics :)

Jay

I just returned from a trip to Japan. I got to spend three days at the Tokyo Disney Resort and I absolutely loved it. Tokyo DisneySea is an amazing park and I started trying to plan when I could go back before I even left Japan. I was very lucky all around, the weather channel had been predicting rain all while I was there, but it was clear, and between fastpasses and luck, I didn't have to wait in line long at all. Journey to the Center of the Earth was my favorite ride, partially because I always loved the book, but I loved everything about the park. I think I've got a new favorite park, the only thing I can find wrong with it is it's on the other side of the planet from me. :animwink:

WeirdOne, as the expert, do you have web sites that you have learned about the park from? I purposely didn't look at much about the resort before I went because I wanted some element of surprise. But now that I've seen it, I want to learn everything I can about it.

WeirdOne

the two main ones are

www.jtcent.com
www.tokyoresort.com

and the official site is chock full of photos and other various movies, etc.

There are a pllethora of others that I could recommend, but will do so only on a request to request basis. Some are private and for certain private people only. - The WeirdOne :D

Natelox

<A HREF=http://www.laughingplace.com/Info-ID-Features-TokyoUpdates.asp>Here</A> is the greatest TDS resource on the internet. Enjoy.

WeirdOne

Hmmm...I'd love to post my counterexample, but I won't. Let's say it has much more than LaughingPLace could ever hope for in coverage of Tokyo ;). - The WeirdOne :D

esqteam

WeirdOne, as the expert, do you have web sites that you have learned about the park from? I purposely didn't look at much about the resort before I went because I wanted some element of surprise. But now that I've seen it, I want to learn everything I can about it.

Travel Channel does a half hour documentary on DisneySea. It is well done.

cookiee_munster

Are there any secrets to Tokyo Disney Sea, from what ive read etc from the net it seems that every concept thats been put onto the web has all happened in the real thing... Is there no "Beastly Kingdom" concept to tokyo disney sea? or no rides that were supposed to be?

WeirdOne

Originally posted by cookiee_munster
Are there any secrets to Tokyo Disney Sea, from what ive read etc from the net it seems that every concept thats been put onto the web has all happened in the real thing... Is there no "Beastly Kingdom" concept to tokyo disney sea? or no rides that were supposed to be?

There were some things. Tower Of Terror was one, but that's already on plan for 2006, so I guess that doesn't count. There are countless small things. DisneySea Symphony was supposed to be different. There are numerous other mysterious buildings in original models. The Explorer's Castle was supposed to contain certain other things, Electric Railway was to contain 3 stops (but cancelled due to government issues), most of it isn't like Beastly Kingdom, but there are little or budget cut things. - The WeirdOne :D

cookiee_munster

Originally posted by WeirdOne
There were some things. Tower Of Terror was one, but that's already on plan for 2006, so I guess that doesn't count. There are countless small things. DisneySea Symphony was supposed to be different. There are numerous other mysterious buildings in original models. The Explorer's Castle was supposed to contain certain other things, Electric Railway was to contain 3 stops (but cancelled due to government issues), most of it isn't like Beastly Kingdom, but there are little or budget cut things. - The WeirdOne :D

veeeeeerry interesting, thanx :)

cookiee_munster

another question... well... favour, ive been searchin the web and cannot find... does anyone know where i can locate concept art or pictures of the new ride thats opening in the lost river delta area at tokyo disney sea? it sounds really interesting :)

I love the sites you directed me to. I've been trying to get a password and username to see the videos on Joe's Tokyo Resort Photo Site, but the form doesn't seem to work for me, and I guess since I can't use the form he's missed my regular emails. Do you know how else I could get a user name and password?

Also, would anyone know where I could find the lyrics to the TDL 20th anniversary parade, Disney Dreams on Parade? Thank you so much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom