Tokyo Disneyland

mouseverse

Original Poster
:( Not WDW-related exactly but a minor note from the big earthquake in Japan: Tokyo Disneyland is feeling big effects from flooding. Not sure how this is going to play out.

TP2000

This good news has been posted on Miceage front page here at about 2:30AM Pacific Time...

"Editor's Note 3/11: While Japan recovers from the massive earthquake, we've received word that there were thankfully no injuries to Cast Members or visitors at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea. Both parks were immediately closed and evacuated in an orderly fashion after the quake, and upon initial inspection there appears to be only light damage to park structures and facilities. There is a possibility that the Tokyo parks will remain closed for another day or two as the country focuses on important recovery efforts. - Al Lutz"

puntagordabob

Glad all the CMs and guests were safe...and thankful that Tokyo Disney (especially Disney Sea being ALONG the bay like that) is not destroyed.... I had horrible images of 30 foot waves crashing through the parks there and very very happy that they were not reality in the end! My thoughts and prayers to the Japanese people who in some areas were devestated and all other neighboring lands such as the Phillipines, etc who were impacted by this earthquake in any way.

When I saw the Narita airport footage (my wife and I are planning a trip to her native country next year in the PH and a REQUIREMENT stop for me is Tokyo Disney hehe..never been there and really want to see it once in my lifetime) which was horrific with the sand washed right up to the side of the terminal on EVERY SIDE surrounded by water....when we saw that I was like "Look honey, thats the airport we will be landing at in 2012"....she initially thought I was joking, of course she soon realized I was not.

JEANYLASER

I hope that Japan is ok too! I'm glad that those castmembers is ok! I hope disney can help those people in Japan! But another news in Cnn that big wave hit Hawaii!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Glad all the CMs and guests were safe...and thankful that Tokyo Disney (especially Disney Sea being ALONG the bay like that) is not destroyed.... I had horrible images of 30 foot waves crashing through the parks there and very very happy that they were not reality in the end! My thoughts and prayers to the Japanese people who in some areas were devestated and all other neighboring lands such as the Phillipines, etc who were impacted by this earthquake in any way.

When I saw the Narita airport footage (my wife and I are planning a trip to her native country next year in the PH and a REQUIREMENT stop for me is Tokyo Disney hehe..never been there and really want to see it once in my lifetime) which was horrific with the sand washed right up to the side of the terminal on EVERY SIDE surrounded by water....when we saw that I was like "Look honey, thats the airport we will be landing at in 2012"....she initially thought I was joking, of course she soon realized I was not.
I do not think that the parks were actually hit by the tsunami. From my understanding the flooding and damage was caused by liquefaction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom