Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Magic Feather

Disney has NEVER heavily promoted their OLC developments for fear of it overshadowing their own parks. You should’ve seen what 2001 was like.

“DisneySea? What’s that? Can I interest you in California Adventure?”
For the record, it's because it's not Disney's to promote and they do get marketed a ton... in regions where the majority of their visitors come from. US residents make up a very small portion of TDR's visitors, so it makes little sense to push the advertising of Tokyo Disneyland in a place that has two Disney Resort Complexes in the same country.

Also, B&tB seems to be a perfect example as to why WDI needed/needs a good kick to the behind when it comes to ops planning. A ride that can cascade that badly with that large of an effect on show is very bad planning. The fact that there isn't a separate load/unload point for wheelchair guests may be one thing, or they may just be trying to use too many vehicles. Then again, a cascade usually only spills one to two scenes back from unload on standard attraction, and it sort of does the same here (the only difference being that two scenes make up 1/2 of the ride).

britain

For the record, it's because it's not Disney's to promote and they do get marketed a ton... in regions where the majority of their visitors come from. US residents make up a very small portion of TDR's visitors, so it makes little sense to push the advertising of Tokyo Disneyland in a place that has two Disney Resort Complexes in the same country.

Also, B&tB seems to be a perfect example as to why WDI needed/needs a good kick to the behind when it comes to ops planning. A ride that can cascade that badly with that large of an effect on show is very bad planning. The fact that there isn't a separate load/unload point for wheelchair guests may be one thing, or they may just be trying to use too many vehicles. Then again, a cascade usually only spills one to two scenes back from unload on standard attraction, and it sort of does the same here (the only difference being that two scenes make up 1/2 of the ride).
All true, but Disney crowed loudly to the American press when DLP and Shanghai opened. TDS? Radio silence.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
you can definitely feel the silent war between OLC and WDC.

Remember the time where WDI introduced Pandora and New fantasyland and Carsland to OLC and they said nope we dont want that.
They were wise to say 'no' to New Fantasyland.

Disney not hyping TDL and OLC not wanting some Disney properties is in no way indicative of 'a cold war.'

OLC revels in Disney properties. They just are choosy.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
They were wise to say 'no' to New Fantasyland.

Disney not hyping TDL and OLC not wanting some Disney properties is in no way indicative of 'a cold war.'

OLC revels in Disney properties. They just are choosy.
And rightfully so, especially given the limited space between the two parks.

Cars Land in California Adventure makes sense, given its roots in California car culture. The nearest land that Cars Land could have a connection with is Westernland, and that backs up to Ikspiari and some resort hotels. WDW's New Fantasyland didn't exactly showcase WDI's best work, so I can see why OLC wanted to go in a different direction.

Pandora could very well go into Tokyo DisneySea, but it would have to be extensively retooled and reimagined to fit with the other ports of call. If OLC allowed an extensively rethemed Soarin' to appear in their crown jewel park, why not Flight of Passage (aka the spiritual successor to Soarin')? Arguably, a retooled version of Pandora, focusing on a different area of the Valley of Mo'ara, could fit in better than Fantasy Springs (especially if it would be placed next to the Lost River Delta).

Last edited:

HKDLer

The fact that there isn't a separate load/unload point for wheelchair guests may be one thing, or they may just be trying to use too many vehicles.
There are two wheelchair load/unload points next to load F. The problem with large groups of vehicles is that a big chunk of time is wasted from the moment the previous group is dispatched to the arrival of the entire next group. It just takes forever for the whole group to park at the loading station. In all of the videos, cars A-C are dispatched sitting there waiting while cars D-F are still having the restraints checked. I can't imagine what it would be like when capacity returns to pre-covid levels. I mean Japanese cast and guests are already swift in the loading process.

Magic Feather

There are two wheelchair load/unload points next to load F. The problem with large groups of vehicles is that a big chunk of time is wasted from the moment the previous group is dispatched to the arrival of the entire next group. It just takes forever for the whole group to park at the loading station. In all of the videos, cars A-C are dispatched sitting there waiting while cars D-F are still having the restraints checked. I can't imagine what it would be like when capacity returns to pre-covid levels. I mean Japanese cast and guests are already swift in the loading process.
Glad that actually exists. Is there maybe something about vehicles taking too long to pull into load? Something seems off.

Disney Analyst

I'm not sure what they can do to fix the Be Our Guest music bleeding into the load station. That's the problem having such a loud scene immediately after vehicles dispatch. I guess they can try turning up the background music in the loading station.

The Something There scene could probably accommodate some projections along the painted backdrop and maybe some wind or fake snow effects.

The ballroom scene is growing on me, and I think it's more entertaining and immersive than can be expressed in any video. It seems they wanted the experience of dancing together with Belle to be the highlight of that scene, though I still think the room could use more AAs to fill out all those platforms. I would definitely add at least Maurice and the Wardrobe.
I think Be Our Guest and the Transformation are the only scenes that really build or add anything. The scenes transform, or have clear climax. The rest nothing really happens, which is disappointing.

I think they needed to make the ballroom moment far more grand, if we are going to spend so much time in there. Fill the room with AA's, do something more. Right now you have the wow with Belle and Beast dancing, and then nothing much happens.

ThemeParkTraveller

I think Be Our Guest and the Transformation are the only scenes that really build or add anything. The scenes transform, or have clear climax. The rest nothing really happens, which is disappointing.

I think they needed to make the ballroom moment far more grand, if we are going to spend so much time in there. Fill the room with AA's, do something more. Right now you have the wow with Belle and Beast dancing, and then nothing much happens.

There's so much untapped potential in this ride that it's frustrating given the amount of money they spent. Seeing the beauty of the ballroom itself would have had enough wow factor on its own if the scene didn't drag on for 90 seconds (and that's assuming a smooth cycle). Something There doesn't even have that saving grace, being just as long and in a far less interesting setting.

Disney Analyst

There's so much untapped potential in this ride that it's frustrating given the amount of money they spent. Seeing the beauty of the ballroom itself would have had enough wow factor on its own if the scene didn't drag on for 90 seconds (and that's assuming a smooth cycle). Something There doesn't even have that saving grace, being just as long and in a far less interesting setting.
Totally. The Ballroom is beautiful and WOW, for the first 15 seconds... then it's time to add to the moment.

Disneylover152

This is the first ride though that you spend this much time in one single scene. I can't think of anything else that comes remotely close to the amount of time you spend in a single room besides maybe the Under the Sea segment of LM or Heffalumps and Woozles in Tokyo. And even then you are constantly moving and seeing new things, you aren't just dancing in the same place. The only scene in this ride that I actually am engaged in from start to finish is Be Our Guest. Everything else just drags on to me.

tanc

Some new construction video of fantasy springs and Toy Story Hotel

ピクシーホロウ ネバーランドアドベンチャー CEP棟 ネバーランドはすっかり緑の壁と化してしまった

Pixie Hollow, Neverland adventure? not sure what that is.

SweetDuffy101

ピクシーホロウ ネバーランドアドベンチャー CEP棟 ネバーランドはすっかり緑の壁と化してしまった

Pixie Hollow, Neverland adventure? not sure what that is.
Two attractions from Peaterpan area and the. CEP building facility

dennis-in-ct

Does anyone know how many expansion pads are available inside TDS other than the area near port discovery where the Frozen area was originally proposed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom