Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Jose

Maybe I'm wrong, but the castle renovation seems too extensive just to be a simple repaint.
In fact, I've just talked with a Japanese friend and he told me that they're certainly replacing the main tower. He also told me that the common feeling there is that they want an original look for their castle. They like their actual version but they're also eager to welcome some new changes.

ThemeParkTraveller

Beauty and the Beast castle facade is looking very good now. The color scheme is a bit more vibrant than I expected based on the concept art (which looked more gray than purple).

tokyo-disney-resort-expansion-900.jpg

tokyo-disney-resort-expansion-901.jpg

Flippin'Flounder

Kind of crazy that the next few years will bring us 5 ‘new’ castles scaled larger than Disneyland’s sleeping beauty castle. Without a single new castle park opening.

Discounting Universal, which is also delivering ?5 more.
Where are you counting five castles? I'm sure I'm missing some but I can only come up with this one and the new castle in Hong Kong.

BrianLo

Tokyo Disneyland’s next project should be to update the look of fantasyland. It might be the worst looking one in the world.... in a word... cheap.

I'll be honest that I much preferred version one of this expansion. Which would have included more sweeping changes to Fantasyland itself including moving Dumbo, Small World and opening up an Alice area.

BUT New New Fantasyland (FantaSEA land) >>> what was lost + an isolated Frozen Port.

The next wave should theoretically swing back to Disneyland, so I'll be curious to see what land they hone in on.

Animaniac93-98

I'll be honest that I much preferred version one of this expansion. Which would have included more sweeping changes to Fantasyland itself including moving Dumbo, Small World and opening up an Alice area.

BUT New New Fantasyland (FantaSEA land) >>> what was lost + an isolated Frozen Port.

The next wave should theoretically swing back to Disneyland, so I'll be curious to see what land they hone in on.

My guess would be Tomorrowland using the now empty Showbase theater space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom