Tokyo Disney Resort 40th Anniversary “Dream-Go-Round”

Soleurs

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Looks like the details are out for the 40th! The theme is “Dream-Go-Round” and the new parade is called Disney Harmony in Color. Supposedly there will be floats themed to Zootopia, Moana, Coco, and Wreck-It Ralph among others.

ABC46796-1FBC-4BDD-979C-F7460835FC57.png

I don’t know about you guys but I’m excited!

TsWade2

Well, I guess there’s going to be a new parade after all! And I hope it’s a full one this time, cause I think this pandemic is over. More or less.

SweetDuffy101

As per Press release.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Publicity Department Oriental Land Co., Ltd. Tokyo Disney Resort 40th “Dream-Go-Round” to be Held From April 15, 2023 to March 31, 20.

URAYASU, CHIBA—Tokyo Disney Resort® announced that the anniversary event, Tokyo Disney Resort 40th “Dream-Go-Round,” will be held from the Resort’s 40th anniversary on April 15, 2023 through March 31, 2024.

“Dream-Go-Round”
represents the happy moments that countless guests have experienced throughout the years at Tokyo Disney Resort, “Where Dreams Come True.” During this commemorative year at the Resort, the dreams of guests, cast members and Disney friends come together to celebrate the 40th anniversary in grand fashion.

At Tokyo Disneyland® Park, the anniversary event kicks off with the premiere of a new daytime parade, “Disney Harmony in Color.” Entering a harmonious world of vibrant colors, Guests will first be greeted by Tinker Bell as the parade opens, followed by many other delightful character friends from popular Walt Disney Animation Studios films such as Zootopia, Moana and Wreck-It Ralph, and Disney and Pixar films like Coco, appearing on colorful floats full of fun. In the finale, Mickey Mouse and his friends appear, inviting guests to a world of colors and harmony.

In addition, the two Parks will feature entertainment programs as well as special merchandise and menu items to enhance the 40th anniversary atmosphere. Cinderella Castle and World Bazaar at Tokyo Disneyland, and the entrance to Tokyo DisneySea® Park, will be adorned with special decorations, commemorating the 40th anniversary of the Resort. Furthermore, the Disney hotels will also have new programs celebrating the event. Guests can look forward to magical visits at Tokyo Disney Resort filled with smiles, happiness and excitement as the dreams of guests and cast members alike join together to celebrate this special 40th anniversary.

SweetDuffy101

As it turns out the OLC will now start pushing recent Walt disney animations movies and recent pixar movies to the park which is rarely seen on Tokyo.

and now that peterpan franchise will now be featured in all major entertainments across the resort(Dreamlights, Believe!SOD, Harmony In Color and MIckeys Magical Music World.)

Soleurs

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
As it turns out the OLC will now start pushing recent Walt disney animations movies and recent pixar movies to the park which is rarely seen on Tokyo.

and now that peterpan franchise will now be featured in all major entertainments across the resort(Dreamlights, Believe!SOD, Harmony In Color and MIckeys Magical Music World.)
They always like to push a) whatever's in the newest ride(s) or b) what they want to make fans like and they want to build next. I think it's very plausible that Zootopia, Moana, and/or Coco will be the next things to get rides at TDR as a result of Believe and Harmony in Color.

It's an evident pattern. Beauty and the Beast was reintroduced with Once Upon a Time, then in DreamLights, then Dreaming Up. Big Hero 6 was introduced through a metric ton of Baymax merch that people bought like crazy. Zootopia has been doing this for a while actually, having been in Usatama on the Run, then Nick & Judy's Summer Splash, then MMMW and Mouse Beat.

TsWade2

I hope they include some of the classics in the parade. Can't name a few but whatever classics that put with the recent animated hits, hopefully will be fine. Of course, since they're including Zootopia, I hope they added a few more costume characters from Zootopia like Officer Bogo and the lovable and adorable Officer Clawhauser.

Soleurs

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So projection shows on cinderella castle are no longer a thing now? Considering they didn't announce one for the 40th anniversary.
They're keeping their cards close to their chest of late. I bet it comes for the summer, like Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland did. There were rumors of a projection show coming when Beauty and the Beast was supposed to open on April 15, 2020, that show might still be locked and loaded.

Steve2753

They're keeping their cards close to their chest of late. I bet it comes for the summer, like Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland did. There were rumors of a projection show coming when Beauty and the Beast was supposed to open on April 15, 2020, that show might still be locked and loaded.
Hopefully one is going to be announced a bit later. Thought I am really curious to how the successor to Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland would look like considering that they've removed all of the fountains and the new searchlights shortly after 2019 summer show ended. I don't think they have reinstalled them yet.

TTA94

Is there any special preview presentation or anything coming up for the 40th? I remember for the 30th they had a presentation and played the theme song of Happiness Is Here.

On another note I hope TDL releases a album with not only the new parade soundtrack but also a re release of Dreamlights that includes the newer intro.

SweetDuffy101

Is there any special preview presentation or anything coming up for the 40th? I remember for the 30th they had a presentation and played the theme song of Happiness Is Here.

On another note I hope TDL releases a album with not only the new parade soundtrack but also a re release of Dreamlights that includes the newer intro.
Yes they will have a special preview but this time instead of preview nights, The party will be held early morning party for sponsors and winners of lottery on April 10 to 12 .

TTA94

Yes they will have a special preview but this time instead of preview nights, The party will be held early morning party for sponsors and winners of lottery on April 10 to 12 .

Correction I didn’t mean preview nights in the park, I meant a presentation panel prior to the 40th similar to a D23 type thing. I don’t remember exactly where it was or what it was but they did a short dance on a stage for the 30th.

TsWade2

Quite a day of Good News for DLP and WDW! Now all we need is a full cast to return before or for the 40th!!!
I agree. I hope this a full cast of the 40th anniversary parade, because I'm afraid Dreaming Up will never be finished with a full cast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom