Toddlers in Parks

fwdtraveler

Original Poster
For those of you that have taken toddlers to the parks, can I get tips or advise? We are planning a trip next year to Disney with a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 year old.

My DS is 19 months and has already been twice. We just take easy and play it by ear. Since he is a very good napper in the stroller he'll pretty much will fall asleep when he is ready a take an hour to 2 hour nap.

We took him on all that he could ride and left the rides that we wanted to do when fell asleep or if needed to fastpass the ride we would make sure they were around his normal nap time.

Also make use of the Baby care centers when needed and the Rider Swap. This helped us out alot when DH and I both wanted to go on an attraction that DS could not.

It really depends on the child I think.

mrsdanalind

For those of you that have taken toddlers to the parks, can I get tips or advise? We are planning a trip next year to Disney with a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 year old.

First off, remember that your kids are going to be overstimulated because all of the activity going on. Common sense things like hydration, and sleep patterns you already know. Let the kids become comfortable with the characters before you leave and let them back away if they get scared.
Enjoy, my 5 year old grand daughter still talks about her disney trip when she was 3..
We are looking forward to Deceimber when we all get to be together for our Disney vacation.

CaptainShortty

- Take a break half way though the day. Get up early and go to the parks until around noon. Head back to your hotel for a swim, nap, lunch, shower, etc. and head back to the park around 3ish. Stay in the parks as long as you all can handle it and head back for the night.

- Be receptive to changing plans depending on the toddler. If he/she is exhausted at 7, don't push it. Head back to the hotel. Remember something mellow for you like the Peoplemover is still an overstimulation for a toddler. I hate seeing the parents dragging their kids around Disney at 10PM because they can't handle leaving the parks. Everyone will be more happy if the toddler is happy.

- Make sure you get a first visit button!!

- Remember that where you leave your stroller is not always where you'll find it when you come back to it. Attach something colorful to it to make it easy to find.

- Utilize the baby swap whenever you ride things that he/she can't ride. Just talk to the attraction attendant at the ride and they'll show you how to do it.

- Don't be surprised if they're afraid of the characters. Often times they're intrigued by them and terrified at the same time. The characters are great about it but don't push it. If they're afraid, they're afraid.

That's what I've got for now!! Hope it helps! Have a great trip!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom