Toddler activities at Epcot/Epcot resorts

babypeanut

Original Poster
My family will be visiting in early June. My son will be 2.5 years old. Last year I took him at 18 months old and after a terrible day at HS I decided to stick to MK because that is what he loved.

This year I have a reservation for the character breakfast at Cape May and would like to take advantage of the Disney Visa character meet in Epcot. I know that he will probably enjoy Nemo and Figment and British Invasion if we can catch them.

I had thought about visiting the Boardwalk. Would that be fun for a toddler? Any other fun things to do with little ones at the Epcot resorts even though we are not staying there. We are not hopping so would like to stay around the Epcot area.

Thanks for any advice!

nicnic

Hi,

We first took our daughter when she was 2.5, she is now 7 and Epcot is her favourite park!

Nemo, Crush and all of that area with the fish and dolphins occupied her for ages, its a lovely cool area and she was so happy running around looking at all the fish.

The living land is a quaint boat ride, can be a bit slow for little ones though. My daughter rode Soarin and she liked it but the year after she rode again and cried! Think at 2.5 she was not fully aware what was going on but at 3.5 she knew!

We always pack a swim constume and towel as she loves the play fountains and this is another great was to cool off. You will be surprised at how many parents end up buying clothes for the little ones as the did not come prepared!

Over in Mexico he might like the boat ride which features Donald Duck, thats about the only country with something to do. Also around the worlds they have Kid ______ fun stops where he can decorate a mask or Duffy the bear I think it was last time.

Lastly, you could try Spaceship Earth.

The Boardwalks are lovely but not alot to do, the street entertainer is good, not sure what time he starts or how often, we usually catch him when we go on a night.

Families with young ones tend to avoid this park but it depends on your little one, mine loved it from day one.

Have fun.

babypeanut

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the tips. It sounds like there are quite a few things we might enjoy at Epcot! We will definitely pack a swimsuit for the fountains.

buseegal

our young grandson liked getting the cars while waiting for the ones riding test trac. he rode both boats, norway and mexico. our 6 boys enjoyed princess breakfast at norway, pictures with the pretty girls. picture with fake shark. as mentioned water fountain play area. if after dark also lights in ground to chase. if into characters plenty to meet with, also in world showcase.

Bri1121

My kids always love Epcot. Walking around the countries and seeing all the shops. We did do the Mexico boat ride and the kids loved that. They also love the fun stops. Nemo- we spent a lot of time here on two trips. We also did the spaceship earth and the land ride. My daughter this year will be able to ride soarin!!

We actually saw quite a few characters on our last trip to Epcot. My kids also love it if we stay in an Epcot resort because of the boats to there and to HS.

We only went to the boardwalk to eat. The kids loved it and then there was a magician outside entertaining the crowds.

MDinMD

There is usually a movie on the beach in front of Beach Club each night. the schedule for the week is usually posted. We first saw this when my son was 2 and we were walking back to hotel and could hear music from The Jungle Book - then my sons favorite. He was quick to hop on a lounge chair and watch the movie on the sand!

4everDory

You could rent a surrey bike and ride around the lake at the Epcot resorts...be sure you're up for the challenge, though...it's harder than it looks! Then, you could go to Beaches and Cream for some ice cream, to reward yourselves for your hard work!

disneymommy24

Epcot has The Land, which is so much fun for little ones, especially with Nemo and Friends. I know that he may also enjoy Innoventions. Have fun!!

Penelope

If your toddler child enjoys people watching, I would imagine Epcot would entertain them when there is not a ride to go on such as at the Living Seas, Imagination, etc. We have not tested this theory with ours yet but there is certainly a lot to see at Epcot from the perspective of tiny inquiring eyes! Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom