To WDW or not in May 2022?

Familyof5

Thank you so much for your informative reply. Lots of great information there. I had heard about the cheerleading thing you mentioned. Not sure exactly how to find out those dates. Is this posted anywhere hat you know of?
I think that the events are ESPN. Again, the kids we met were great fun. Just not the vacation we were planning as a ladies get-away.

Also, here is the big conference dates for 2021 - probably similar dates for 2022. It was huge, about 10,000 people? So, just busy in the Epcot area. You should be fine in Old Key West or Saratoga.

Familyof5

Booking for mid-2022 is definitely a safer bet than booking anything for 2021, but there is still no guarantee that everything will be the same, or even almost the same, as it was before the pandemic. The good thing is that, if I'm not mistaken, you can cancel your trip up to 30 days before and still get your deposit back, so you have alot of time to see what is happening and make your decision.
DVC rental rules may have different cancellation rules; so, read the fine print. Having said that, I rent DVC for most visits. Just enjoy having a kitchen and laundry especially for longer stays.

Wendylet

Original Poster
If you don’t know the answer, then chances are none of us here would, either. We’re not medical experts. Just theme park enthusiasts.
Yes I realize you are not medical experts. I was simply asking for an opinion from people who are far more well versed in all things Disney than I am. Sorry if you felt my question was inappropriate.

Wendylet

Original Poster
If you google Disney World Special events calendar, crowd calendar, or "when is the best time to go," you'll find some resources. I'm not sure which we're allowed to link to here. Most decent crowd calendars will give you an idea of what's going on when. I don't think the exact dates for future years have been set yet.
Thanks so much!

Wendylet

Original Poster
I think that the events are ESPN. Again, the kids we met were great fun. Just not the vacation we were planning as a ladies get-away.

Also, here is the big conference dates for 2021 - probably similar dates for 2022. It was huge, about 10,000 people? So, just busy in the Epcot area. You should be fine in Old Key West or Saratoga.
Thank you for that link. Very helpful indeed. Looks like it’s pretty intense from about mid April to Mid May!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yes I realize you are not medical experts. I was simply asking for an opinion from people who are far more well versed in all things Disney than I am. Sorry if you felt my question was inappropriate.
I didnt realize how blunt my response was until I reread it. Sorry that wasn’t my intention.

Wendylet

Original Poster
I didnt realize how blunt my response was until I reread it. Sorry that wasn’t my intention.
No problem at all. I think the world world is a little testy right now, myself included. Covid does that to you! Just hoping really to get opinions as I value them immensely not only from a planning perspective but for the simple fact of acquiring knowledge from others.

Nottamus

I hope May 2022 is good to go for you.
I hope November 2021 is good for us
I'm pretty sure our June 2021 trip isn't going to happen....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom