Trip Report To Infinity... and Disney! Sister Graduation Trip June 2019 *COMPLETED*

Heeeeeeello there!šŸ¦– I have never written a TR before, but I wanted to give it a shot! (I just recently published a PTR, for an upcoming trip in November- https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/hey-howdy-hey-or-hey-gobble-hey-thanksgiving-2019.956473/) I have read MANY of the TR's on this forum, and find it an excellent way to satisfy my need for the Mouse. To introduce myself, let me begin by saying that I, like many of you here on the forums, absolutely *LOVE* all things Disney. My family (Mom, Dad, and Sister (SB)) have made many trips to the World over the years, so I was able to grow up with Disney. As a result, I am now a *slightly* Disney-obsessed young woman. Here are some of my Disney favorites so you can get to know me!:
Park: Honestly, l like them all for different reasons, but my favorite is probably MK
Ride: This is a HARD one. I really can't choose. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
QS Restaurant: Be Our Guest Lunch
TS Restaurant: It is hard to pick one! I highly enjoy Le Cellier, The Plaza Restaurant, and 50's Prime Time Cafe.
Character: Mickey Mouse, of course!;) (But I also love Beauty and the Beast)
Daytime Show: Festival of the Lion King
Nighttime Show: Happily Ever After
Hotel: Boardwalk Inn

Anyway, this past June, my sister (SB) and I made our first trip to Disney World without our parents, and also without her boyfriend and our cousin (S), who have accompanied us also on several trips. I surprised SB with this trip for just the two of us to celebrate her college graduation! Now, the details...

Who: Me and SB
When: June 19-23, 2019
Where: All Star Music Standard Room with 4-day Park Hoppers

Next Up... Travel & Arrival Day!

ToInfinity

Original Poster
6/22/19: Day 4- Epcot & Magic Kingdom

After the Coco show, we walked to Norway. SB's feet were giving her trouble, and mine weren't feeling great, so we found a bench and did some band-aid-ing šŸ˜…. My hair also looked bad so SB french braided it for me while we were sitting. We walked in the Norway gift shop but it was just Frozen merch, so we continued on to China. (No FP for Frozen today, so we weren't going to wait 60+ minutes).

In China, we walked through all of the shops. SB found a cute little clip-on hat that was perfect for her golden-doodle, so she purchased that. We noticed how good the food looked at the Chinese QS. We have never tried it before, but made a note to maybe try next time.

We walked around Germany next. In the past, we have conquered the WS from the other direction, so by the time we make it to this side, we are too tired and hot to explore. We enjoyed looking in some places that were new to us!

We were ready to sit down for a break, so we went to the American pavilion. The GotG Mixtape was going to start in about 20 minutes, but we didn't want to wait in the heat so we went in the American Adventure for part of the show. This is a favorite nap spot for SB ;). We only stayed for about half of the show, and then we snuck out the exit and were right on time for GotG.

This was our first time seeing this show! As big Marvel fans, we really enjoyed it. The song choices were great, the audience participation was fun, and the guy playing Peter Quill seriously looked like Chris Pratt šŸ˜ Win, Win, Win.

We were shocked to look at the clock and find it was already almost 3:00 and time for our SSE FP and to go to MK, so we didn't explore the rest of the countries in great detail. These were the ones we have done in great detail before though, so we were ok with it. Also, it was HOT.

We stopped for some chocolate soft-serve when we made it to France. I was already finished with mine by the time we made it across the bridge into the UK!

ToInfinity

Original Poster

We rode SSE with our FP next. Our face pictures turned out pretty good for once! (But of course I didn't get a picture of it šŸ™ƒ)

It was time to bid Epcot farewell for this trip. On to MK we go! We like to ride the monorail from Epcot to MK. We waited... and waited.... and waited....

and finally the monorail arrived! On the way there, it kept stopping about every 30 seconds for the first half of the trip. The announcement said something about traffic on the line, but it seemed a little unusual.

We eventually made it in to MK for the last night of our trip. SB wanted to look for souvenirs, so we shopped on Main Street USA. I found the plates I wanted in the Emporium, and SB decided she wanted some too. I also wanted to get the castle Alex & Ani bracelet. We decided to wait until the end of the night to purchase our choices on the way out, so we wouldn't have to carry them all evening.

I snagged an FP for PoC on the way to MK, so we rode that again next. We were in the back of the boat again, since we were a party of 2. Afterwards, we had a little over an hour until our ADR at The Plaza, but most of the wait times were too long and the next FP I booked wasn't until after dinner at Buzz.

We decided to do something we haven't done since we were little kids: Tom Sawyer's Island! This was an interesting experience. The island wasn't crowded at all, so we felt like we were all alone right in the middle of MK. I must admit, some of the caverns and secret passage ways were downright creepy! I enjoyed the barrel bridge, SB did not. LOL.

It was getting close to our ADR, so we left the island and walked to Main Street. Move it, Shake it, Mousekedance it was going on, and I had wanted to see it so we stopped to watch! This would be a super fun experience for kids, but even as adults we enjoyed it and got some good pictures of the characters.

ToInfinity

Original Poster

Next, we headed to The Plaza for dinner. (Also, I am sorry there aren't more pictures in this post, but we really just wanted to enjoy being in MK)

Ok... short story here. On our trip before this in December/January, (maybe I'll write a TR for it someday) we ate at The Plaza for the first time ever. We had lunch there, and it quickly became one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW. I got the Plaza Club and unlimited milkshake. DELICIOUS. BUT, what I did not know was that they have almost a completely different menu at dinner, and the delicious Plaza Club is NOT a part of it. So, to my dismay, once we got to our ADR at The Plaza on this trip and I tried to order my beloved club, our waiter said it wasn't possible. :eek:

Now, don't get me wrong, we still love this restaurant at lunch, but at dinner it was not as great. SB and I both ended up with the Kentucky Derby Hot Sandwich. It was OK, but it was not the club. Our milkshakes were still delicious of course, but needless to say I have booked the Plaza for LUNCH on our next trip. ;)

After our dinner, we headed to Buzz for our FP. Again, neither of us made it to Galactic Hero status. *sigh*

The PeopleMover line was short, so we went there for another spin. I know I've already said it, but ā¤ this ride. True classic.

Since it was our last night, I just got an FP for whatever was available and at the time, it was Small World so off we went. We just couldn't leave without being reminded one more time about the size of the world!

Next, it was time again for HEA. We went to find a spot much later than we did the other night, but we still managed to squeeze in to a great spot (and I cried again) šŸ™ˆ

The plan after HEA was to *run* over to BTMRR, because it only had a 15 minute posted wait! We took off, (well, I did. SB was falling behind because of her painful feet) and probably waited about 20 minutes.

We decided to take one more ride on the Jungle Cruise, and hopped in line right as they were closing the queue. Our skipper was GREAT! I wish I remembered her name.

Now, it was time to say goodbye...and souvenir shop! We made the purchases that we had planned earlier in the day, and then said "See Ya Real Soon". ā¤

The next morning, we hopped on the ME very early (6:05!) and were on our way back home. It was a wonderful trip!!

Thank you all who have followed along with me through this TR! I have had so much fun writing it. UP NEXT.....
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/hey-howdy-hey-or-hey-gobble-hey-thanksgiving-2019.956473/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom