To Hop or not to Hop?

Weather_Lady

I think there is still a use for it, but whether it's worth it to you is an individualized decision.

In my opinion, the highest and best use of parkhopping is now to visit a park with morning EMH at rope drop, hit all the headliners there, and then hop to a different park (a "lower crowd" park, meaning one with no EMH or special events that would draw a crowd that day) to enjoy lower lines for the rest of the day and make use of your limited FP+.

Figaro928

We got our park hoppers on our last trip of 7 days and only used the twice. Regardless - until AK and DHS become full day parks for us, we would still probably get them.

MasterGracey82

We will still continue to park hop. We like to stay at the Epcot resorts and we often find ourselves walking through the World Showcase in the evenings having a few drinks or getting dinner. Without the park hoppers, that would be near impossible unless we spent all of our days at Epcot as well.

Plus, having the park hoppers gives us some flexibility. If we finish up at another park early and still want to check things out, we can always spend the afternoon at a different park.

And with the FP+, I think the strategy will be like someone above said, which is to get to the morning park at rope drop and hit all the headliners, then head to a different park that afternoon and have your FP+ reservations for that park. Doesn't devalue the park hopper to me, just alters the way I'd have to plan my day.

EpcoTim

I'm here right now. Started off in Animal Kingdom, now in MGM then off Magic Kingdom then Epcot.

I thought it would be dead cause of the cold and being a weds in January. It's not.

matt9112

Already mentioned but the hopper still has value if you are going to be dining here and there....AK is a perfect example....even if you can string out a day in there I won't table serve there. We had the DDP and hoped twice I believe in the evening just to eat (no rides ect)

And also as mentioned EMH in the AM is where it's a steal

Both of the above mentioned tactics however are likely not fully realized by your average guest and thus it may be more of a waste if you did not commando plan the trip or if your trip is short .2-3 days.

Mukta

I'm a hopper. I have an AP, so it is easy for me, but as long as a park is open in WDW, I can't go to bed.

Wikkler

To see Hop or not to see Hop?
hqdefault.jpg

To see Hop.

KCheatle

I think FP+ is your friend if you hop. We like to eat dinner at Epcot, but by the time we get over there, the FPs for Soarin and test track have long been sold out. So, it'll be nice this trip to know that we don't have to get to Epcot early to get a FP for Soarin and Test track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom