To Fastpass or not to...

ScottEG

Original Poster
What attraction that do have the fastpass option are really worth just waiting in the line?? Is sometimes walking around for 30 minutes really worth it?

:eek:

Jenna

definitel fastpass if possible! In half an hour you can meet characters, or shop or just see things you haven't seen before! And anyway most fastpasses tend to tell you to come back in an hour or so so you can do another ride while you're waiting! When we went we fastpassed Jungle cruise and went on POC while we were waiting as soon as we finished poc we got straight on jungle cruise! Was sooo good!

PBarton

The fastpass queue for Test Track seems to take as long (as least when we have been there) as the normal queue.

There have been many times that we have been in the TT queue, only to turn around and leave due to the slow moving queue.

It took us about 20 minutes one time to reach that strange blue room in the corner of the queue area, and that was with a fastpass!

:brick:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The one place worth not getting an FP [at least once] is EE. The standby queue is very much worth seeing! Or even better, get an FP and then head into the standby queue while you wait for your FP window. When we were there in Feb, we did that our first morning at AK and managed to ride four times standby before our FP time! [I don't think you could do that anymore, from what I hear standby times get longer pretty quick.]

the-reason14

I agree that the test track fp line is usually just as long as the standby. but I think they changed it to where the standby line goes through the blue room rather than fp, I remember it being that way a couple of years ago, but now the fp line is next to the single. They have made alot of changes to the TT que.

But rides I dont bother fp would be dinosaur, thunder mountain, Lights, Motors, Action, things like that. Dinosaur line is never really that long, and whenever it is its ok because its inside, and it would feel like wasting a fp to me.

SpoiledTink

Yes...I would have to say that fast pass is almost a must! When we first got there, we decided against it, but after waiting in line for Space Mountain for an hour, to almost an hour and a half, that for the rest of our trip, we were getting pastpasses whenever possible.

RonAnnArbor

Absolutely fastpass everything that you can. Don't fastpass the shows - just get there at least a half hour before the scheduled show time and go standbye -- the people with fastpasses will be waiting that time too, just in a different queu. Do fastpass EE and KJ at Animal Kingdom - fastpass ToT and RNRC at MGM - fastpass Soarin' and TT in Epcot (actually, the only way you can avoid a two hour wait for Soarin is to fastpass); and fastpass Jungle cruise; Space Mountain; Buzz Lightyear, Big Thunder Mountain; and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom. Definately fastpass Peter Pan's Flight. Even when that line says "30 minutes" it will take an hour.

Get a copy of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and follow the touring plans - they work.

orangewarrior

FastPass should be used, but it needs to be used wisely as well. We have found that the standby line estimates are usually very accurate. Although usually once a trip we have an issue where we spend more time in line than the number indicated. But we often visit 2 or 3, sometime more attractions in between the time we received the fastpass and the time we return. For example, we maybe in Fantasyland, and waiting to ride Cinderella's Carousel, while that is going on, we may send one member of our group to Splash Mountain to get a Fastpass. Then we will return before they get off the carousel, and ride Small World and see Phillarmagic, before heading to Splash Mountain. If time permits, we may stop to see the Country Bear Jamboree, or visit with some characters on the way. Before getting on Splash Mountain, we'll likely get a pass for Thunder Mountain - and then the whole circle begins again.

Good Luck.

I dont know if this will help you but usually even if your Fastpass has gone past it's expiration time, the cast member will still take you.

I highley recomend fastpass'. Just use them right and your day will be a breeze. If you show up early to the ride dont expect the castmember to let you in early. Dont argue with the castmember too, just be patient and wait your turn. This makes some cast members very, very agrivated.

dxwwf3

Main Street USA said:
Am I the only one who actually enjoys some of the queues at WDW? They're beautifully done. Take the wait once in a while and check them out.

Another queue lover here. But I'm also a huge fan of Fast Pass. I think you can have the best of both worlds (Get a FP for one attraction and wait in line for another). I like to enjoy the queues at night when there are less people there anyways. I can go at my own pace.

BradleyJay

PBarton said:
It took us about 20 minutes one time to reach that strange blue room in the corner of the queue area, and that was with a fastpass!
:brick:

That can be explained, you were in the standby line.

The Blue Sound Room, is not part of the Fastpass Line.

PBarton

BradleyJay said:

It was part of the fastpass queue for sure - at least it was during our last stay in '04

:)

Main Street USA

BradleyJay said:

The lines for fastpass and regular change from time to time, so I'm sure they were in the correct line.

col

i always use the single rider line even if fast pass is available but sometimes i get a fast pass aswell as wait in the single rider lines.

i usually get a fast pass for:

soarin' -i will not wait in that queue if its over 20-30 mins.
safaris in AK for the last departure -but when i go its only a short queue.
splash anytime of the day.
LMA but even with a fastpass there is still a long queue to get in.

fastpass is good but only if you can get it coz it may depend on certain times of the year ie xmas if they are not sold out ie soarin' and that lasted 2 weeks maybe longer.

my advice would be to go to the parks where the lines are long during the day when its EMH's coz there is hardly any queues. ive experienced his many,many times and found it better.

if EE does a fast pass then i will get one of those coz no doubt the lines will be long!!

One thing we like to do is this:
-Get a Fastpass
-Do non-Fastpass stuff (other attractions, eat, shop, etc).
-Once the Fastpass window opens, go get a second Fastpass for another nearby attraction before riding the first.
-Go on the first Fastpass attraction
-By this point, the next Fastpass window has opened. Go get a THIRD Fastpass before using your SECOND.

Keep doing this, trying to always have two Fastpasses "active", and you'll get far more attractions in. Just fit in the non-Fastpass attractions between all the Fastpass ones...

I agree that many queues are very nice, and sometimes it's nice to go standby. And I'll definitely go standby for my first EE ride. However, I'd still prefer to do it when lines are smaller (very early in the day, during parades, etc).

CAPTAIN HOOK

Quite simply - Use Fastpass for a major attraction and stand in line for a minor attraction (by the time you've ridden the minor it should be about time to use FP).
Time at WDW is precious - I will only stand in line if there's no alternative

musketeer

ScottEG said:
What attraction that do have the fastpass option are really worth just waiting in the line?? Is sometimes walking around for 30 minutes really worth it?

:eek:

You are right, fast passes are a complete waste of time, don't use them, in fact, tell all your friends and family not to use them, try to get as many people as possible not to use them.

DisneySam

In a word....YES! Standing in the burning sun for 1+ hours waiting for BTMRR is definitely worth the fastpass. Also we use FP for things like Killimanjaro Safari, we usually do the 1st safari of the day and as we get in line grab a fast pass so we can get right back on and spot more animals. I also do this for Soarin' because its so great. Plus a FP is the only way to avoid the lines for things like Peter Pan and Pooh.

AEfx

I take as full advantage of FP as possible. That said, I generally travel on off days so I don't always need them. But I generally get at least 3-4 on a typical park day.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom