To Fan or Not to Fan, that is the question.

Should I get Fans for WDW

• Total voters

Kate Alan

Why not use a neck fan? We bought them for our trip last year and they were great for us. Hands free, super lightweight, and could keep them on nearly all the rides (the few you can’t, just store in the ride pouch or locker for the ride duration).

Heres the one we used, but there’s a bunch out there - Portable Bladeless Neck Fan

Otherwise agree with others who have mentioned cooling towels.

bwr827

For a few hundred dollars, you could buy a cooling vest for auto racing. Then you just need a heavy insulated backpack filled with ice packs to replace as they warm up.

Serious answer:
I’d try the neck fan — I’m not a fan of carrying stuff.

Goofyernmost

Best defense against feeling hot is being in good shape.
That's so true! One of the best things about being in shape is that when the temperature is over 100 with high humidity it feels like a cool evening breeze off the ocean. I guess it is because the body is smaller and therefore less of the suns rays can be absorbed. 😉

TalkToEthan

Huge/excessively thick usually means one will retain heat.

Eskimo have typically been thicker than others and they deal with chill
conversely, some Africans have been tall relative to their more slim body volume and they have thrived in hot areas.

Body volume counts here.

JIMINYCR

Even taking off a couple of pounds in those few weeks will help.... but ... once you hit the parks and those snack carts and dessert options find you, youre toast.

Chef Mickey

Ya
Not much you can really do a few weeks before your vacation though.

Not really a lot of help to the OP here.

Man things go sideways easily......it's like a kinder class in here sometimes.....🤗
Maybe not weight, but getting used to walking around and getting your cardio up for sure helps. The people that overheat are generally out of shape and large.

vikescaper

My mom got one of the neck fans and I tried it earlier this month. I found it to be annoying and prefer to wear lighter clothing and drink plenty of water and take breaks in AC. That said, everybody is different on what they prefer.

KDM31091

June and August to me are roughly the same. Either way it is oppressively humid and hot almost the entire day. At some point there is no practical difference between say, 90 degrees and 94 degrees with very high humidity and sunshine beating down on you; it's miserable regardless. You can fight it to a point with the right clothing and tools like fans or towels but at the end of the day it's never going to be comfortable or fun so you just need to keep the exposure short / take lots of breaks.

As far as a fan, to me it's cumbersome, another thing to deal with/carry, and does not significantly lengthen the amount of time I'm willing to stay in the heat. Best bet is just to take take breaks, go into stores to cool down, stay hydrated, take it slow, a lot of the things others have already said.

NickMaio

June and August to me are roughly the same. Either way it is oppressively humid and hot almost the entire day. At some point there is no practical difference between say, 90 degrees and 94 degrees with very high humidity and sunshine beating down on you; it's miserable regardless. You can fight it to a point with the right clothing and tools like fans or towels but at the end of the day it's never going to be comfortable or fun so you just need to keep the exposure short / take lots of breaks.

As far as a fan, to me it's cumbersome, another thing to deal with/carry, and does not significantly lengthen the amount of time I'm willing to stay in the heat. Best bet is just to take take breaks, go into stores to cool down, stay hydrated, take it slow, a lot of the things others have already said.
Coming from -30c weather
We welcome the 90s heat and even enjoy it.
We use fans, cooling towels.

We just take it easy, slow and enjoy our surroundings.

Heads out of your phone's people......
The bubble is what you came for.

We don't think it's miserable at all.
It's all relative........

Disstevefan1

Bring a fan. There are a lot of small options out there. If you bring a fan you have the option to use it or not.

Also, as others have said, the survey should also have cooling towels. I put cooling towels over fans… Next time I am trying both.

And yes, ducking inside someplace is a must and should be standard operating procedure.

NickMaio

…. looks contradictory to me.
Why......
I like the heat.....
Not swimming in my own sweat.

Also, do you have kids.....?
They will be like feral cats if they get too hot.

Another thing to mention is too use cool max or active wear fabrics. They also help too cool off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom