To drive or to fly?

DopeysGirl1226

Hi all!

Ok so i guess this is more of a Jersey question, but which do you prefer flying or driving? My best friend and I are dropping the husbands and heading down for a week in november. We can't decided if we should fly or drive.

Any thoughts? Any special routes you guys takes or stops along the way?

Thanks!

bgraham34

This is my opinion. If airfare is not that expensive i say fly. I dont mind driving down but sometimes flying just gets your there faster especially like the trips i take which are 4-5 days. On a two week trip i would rather drive.

If you have never driven down before it might be worth just taking a road trip, you can always stop in DC. Taking 95 south is really the only way to go. Make sure to stop at South Of The Border. Its a riot to be sure.

Upvote 0
FLY, FLY, FLY....YOU WILL GET THERE IN 2 HOURS, WHY WASTE TIME DRIVING...IF U SEARCH THE INTERNET 4 THE RIGHT PRICE IN AIRFARE, YOU'LL FIND IT...YOU'LL END UP PAYIN JUST AS MUCH IN GAS PROBABLY! LOL!!!:lol:

Upvote 0

Tweedle Adie

I say fly! With the price of gas, plus a room somewhere off 95 on the way there and the way back, meals etc, it will most likely be less expensive for the two of you to fly.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We usually drive and make it part of the vacation, but we usually have 2 or 3 weeks to travel. For a one week vacation I would fly so you can get as much of the magic as possible. :wave:

Upvote 0

shari71

I would fly! But then we usually drive. We can't get flights under $300. Take that times 4 and it is definetly cheaper to drive and still get a hotel for one night along the way. I keep checking Southwest since they have a direct flight, but that still costs money. Waiting patiently until the end.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

shari71 said:
I would fly! But then we usually drive. We can't get flights under $300. Take that times 4 and it is definetly cheaper to drive and still get a hotel for one night along the way. I keep checking Southwest since they have a direct flight, but that still costs money. Waiting patiently until the end.

We're in the same boat! :wave:

Upvote 0
Fly, Fly, Fly....but I don't have the attention span/patience to sit in a car for that period of time. If you are close to Philly you can usually get Soutwest flights really cheap if you book early enough. Have a great trip. :wave:

Upvote 0
tigsmom said:
For a one week vacation I would fly so you can get as much of the magic as possible. :wave:

My sentiments exactly.. I would rather spend a little more to fly, so we can have more "vacation time". I also try to fly early in the morning on the way to our destination (WDW of course) and a later flight home to extend the trip as much as possible..

Upvote 0
for 1 week i would fly, but we drive every year, make it around 18 hours with 2 driving plus we have the car so we don't rely on buses plus you get free parking at the parks if yoy stay on disney property. i love driving down the flights are expensive unless you are willing to travel when the airline says so.

Upvote 0

OliveMcFly

Road trips are always fun but getting there quick is great as well. If you're looking for an inexpensive way to fly check out Airtran.com. We're leaving from the Philly airport and were able to get $59 one way.

Upvote 0

steviej

I've done both, and I didn't think driving was all that great, you don't even get to see nice things or anything, assuming you're doing a straight drive, it's all highway, plus it seemed like north carolina and georgia were never gonna end. I say fly

Upvote 0

jim1051

We're from SE PA and usually drive. For the ywo of us the $$$ are pretty close either way without car rental. We like having wheels while there.

We leave home 3 AM Saturday, drive thru arriving in Orlando about 7 or 8 PM.

We stay nearby, rise early Sunday, off to church then early checkin at our resort. It's generally an easy though long ride, unless it's a holiday.

If there are passengers a portable DVD player helps.

Upvote 0

sbkline

DopeysGirl1226 said:
Hi all!

Ok so i guess this is more of a Jersey question, but which do you prefer flying or driving? My best friend and I are dropping the husbands and heading down for a week in november. We can't decided if we should fly or drive.

Any thoughts? Any special routes you guys takes or stops along the way?

Thanks!

I don't live in New Jersey, but the question is relevant to me, as well, since I live in Illinois. While I may be open to flying, I have always drove and would probably prefer that. And the wife refuses to fly, so that settles it. lol

But, for me, I enjoy the road trip. Just hitting the road and having a nice long drive ahead, just you and your family in the car together seeing the pretty sights and scenery. Stopping off at a good restaraunt on the way, etc. IMO, the road trip is part of the fun of vacation.

Upvote 0

fredtom

My wife and I always fly... We don't want to forfeit the day and a half-two days it would take to drive round trip. If you have the extra time and enjoy driving and touring, that's different. I like to "get there fast, then take it slow" (Beach Boys).

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

~LeeLee~

From Jersey - FLY! It's a long, boring drive (once past DC) the entire way. Flights are relatively inexpensive and when compared to the cost of gas, food, lodging and wasted driving TIME, you can be at the OIA in 2 1/2 hours and on your way to see the mouse! :)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

We were just thinking about gas prices and driving to FL like we had done 10 years ago and figured out in my 6 cyl. Sonata, it probably would cost about $400 in gas, so for 2 people it is definitely worth flying. I'd also go with the recommendation of checking the flights out of Philly as they sometimes have better prices than Newark both SW and US Air fly direct to MCO. I've done the drive down there and it's about 1 1/2 hrs from my house with no traffic. Also check jet blue out of Newark, sometimes you can just hit a good price.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom