To cruise or not to cruise…

joshsprincess921

I just returned last week from my first Disney Cruise, so I can finally speak on cruising. We also had a cruise booked and cancelled in March of 2020 and decided to give it another go. It is just my husband and myself and our 10 year old son. I can honestly say it was one of the best vacations we've ever had as a family. Slowing down, being unplugged and just spending time together was the best part. My son also loved that he could go to the kid's club and have his own time. Our cruise was sold out so yes the pool decks were crazy, but we are early risers, so we got up early on sea days for breakfast and would then get us some good loungers in a shaded area and spend the first part of the day on the pool deck and hit the aqua duck right when it opened. After lunch is when it typically got super crowded. We also skipped the show one night and went out there after dinner (we had early dining) and it was empty. We rode the aqua duck at night 6 times in a row and watched movies on the funnel vision outside while my son floated in the pool til 10pm. It was one of our favorite nights of the trip. There are lots of activities for all ages. My son really loved our excursions too, but Castaway was his favorite day of the whole cruise.
I came back super relaxed and my son says he never wants to go back to Disney World. :hilarious: I hope this helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom