To book now or not? That is the question

nngrendel

Ok. Wife gave me the green light on a Adult Only visit. :sohappy:
I want to visit sometime after Labor day as the rates are good and I hear the crowds are low. September will also be our 3rd wedding anniversary so I am pretty much set on September 2012.

I want to actually have time to dine out quite a bit more than we have in the past as we will not have our kids. I have priced online arrival on a Sunday and stay until an Friday. Seems a lot cheaper if I skip the Saturday. With a dining plan its an additional $500. Correct me if I am wrong this does not include alcohol beverages, appetizers, or tips. So investing in the dining plan were we have at least one table service a night we would incur additional charges. I know we would possibly just have something simple for breakfast that we could bring with us and have in room. So the only thing we really are concerned with is Lunch and Dinner. Instead of investing $500 for the dining plan would it be worth wile to invest in $500 in gift cards. Which I could use for everything. I wouldn't be limited and just use the gift cards for food. This way I could budget. This is of course if they do not come out with the free dining for September 2012 which I haven't seen yet. Which brings me to my second question and topic...

Would it be wise to just wait to book in hope of a free dining package for September 2012 or should I go ahead and book now and and invest in the gift cards for our meals and if the free dining comes up add it then? Either way I do think I want to invest in gift cards to pay for extras while at the park. That way we can budget everything we spend there and save up for it. Seems when I save cash we always find another use for it.

Anyway I will wait for the wealth of info to be posted here. Any tips on saving $$ on dining or ways others have found useful to budget and save for their trips would be awesome. The main thing I want to do it have at least one nice sit down meal a day. Doesn't have to be signature but I really want to visit the World Showcase a lot this visit and experience dining we haven't been able to try before. Along with visiting old favorites.

bigkbull

Thank you to everyone here for the responses (long or short ;)). This was very informational and is helping me decide what to do for pretty much the same exact situation as the OP has laid out.

Also, thank you for being more civil than a lot of people are on here and on internet boards in general. I mean, we're talking about the greatest place on Earth here, how can you not just be happy?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom