To anyone who is familiar with .AVI and/or Virtual Dub

WDWKing

Original Poster
I just downloaded a .avi movie that is 108 mb. When I play it, there is no picture, just sound. Is there something I'm missing, It played just the sound on Windows Media Player, it didn't open on DiVX and It didn't open on Quicktime. There has to be a way to get the picture it can't be 108 mb of audio?

NowInc

Sounds to me like a codec problem..it may not be divX (there are about 200 different video codecs out there)...and you may not have the one required to play the video..

...at least thats what im assuming :(

WDWKing

Original Poster
I'll tell you exactly what it says when I load it in VirtualDub:

"Couldn't locate decompressor for format "MP43" (Microsoft High-Speed MPEG-4 V3)
Virtual Dub requires a video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable".

Thats what it says when I load the file into Virtual Dub.

WDWKing

Original Poster
never mind, I THOUGHT I had the new Codec but it was DiVX 3.11, sorry about that, now it works. Thx anyways. :eek: :)

WDWKing

Original Poster
OK now I have another Problem, It's with TMPGEnc. It should support the .avi file. The .avi file works. When I try to open it with TMPGEnc, it says "....can not open or is unsupported". WTH is going on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom