TL Wave Pool Malfunctions

jmvd20

Ahh theres the problem...I actually forgot about that post...that statement was a sarcastic exaggeration in an attempt to get people to respond to the topic. Of course the pool isn't gonna collapse or anything, I have said this many times since then.

I honestly did not detect the sarcasm there. Sometimes it is hard to pick up on a discussion forum... not that it has ever happened to me! :lookaroun

The only reason I chimed in is that sometimes people will see minor issues and turn them into major disasters waiting to happen - and more often than not it is just a case of the person not having correct information or knowledge about the situation. That is why I brought up the drywall screw popping out of a ceiling, cant tell you how many people freak out at the sight of that and think their home/business is collapsing right before their eyes!

I think the funniest thing is that we have agreed on this the entire time, yet had to discuss our disagreement anyway!!! :lol:

Did Knee

What is the status?

I usually hate to bump up old threads, but I'm going on my annual pilgramage to the mouse in 38 days, and was planning to go to Typhoon lagoon this time. In my many trips to the world I have been to Blizzard Beach many times, but never TL. Is the Wave Pool down? What ever became of this whole issue? I saw a July 10th News post on the WDWMagic front page that said that surf classes were cancelled till the end of the year, but that the Pool was running as normal for regular guests. Was just one tank bad or something? Is it one that they only use for bigger waves, like during the surf lessons?

Siege898

The wave pool is running during normal park operating hours. Though there were problems with the wave pool today and it was down for about an hour. But this is an isolated incident, and it should be fine for your trip.

Figment82

The wave pool is running during normal park operating hours. Though there were problems with the wave pool today and it was down for about an hour. But this is an isolated incident, and it should be fine for your trip.

Lol - I was there tonight for the "incident." Even though we got shooed out of the pool, it was so nice of the management to allow the wave pool to open back up for the last 15 mins of the operating day. Having the wave pool almost to yourself was definitely a magical moment.

Dare I ask what the true problem was? I'm pretty sure I know, though.... :rolleyes:

Laura

Premium Member
Typhoon Lagoon HAS been open almost 20 years.

I don't know if any major work has ever been done on the wave machine, but it sounds to me like it's time.

:eek:

I went to Typhoon Lagoon the week it opened. I can't believe that was almost 20 years ago. I'm not THAT old! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom