Tired of Diseny Bashing

oxodizer

Original Poster
I won't claim that Disney is a perfect company. Nor will I blindly believe that they don't screw up, but as a newer member of this community it just seems like a lot of people on here are generally negative about Disney. I know that one of the highest forms of praise is someone looking for the tiniest faults. However, that being said, if we are all fans it seems like we'd be more constructive in our comments rather than jaded and bitter.

I guess in the end Im just saying that in the 40+ times Ive gone to Disney I have never had a bad time overall or even a bad time for a measurable part of my visit. Some of my fondest memories are from WDW and I really appreciate all the effort they put into their parks and resorts. Sure I could look at that one CM who wasn't the nicest person I ever met, or that one animatronic figure with a lazy eye and get upset about what I perceive as "Disney slipping up" but honestly Im willing to overlook those sorts of things because never once in my patronage of them have they grossly mistreated me, cheated me out of my money, or cheapened my experience.

Disney does a bang up job, and while I completely believe that we as fans should offer insight to our favorite vacation destination on ways they can improve, it shouldn't be at the cost of ripping apart a company who still goes far and beyond the rest of the industry in almost every single way.

As Benjamin Franklin says at the end of The American Adventure, "The Golden Age never was the current one." So being bitter about how Disney isn't what it used to be or how the higher ups are so out of touch compared to years past does little more than feed the flames of discontent without any productive outlet for it.

mike10

I tend to agree with you. Last year I spend 10 days at Disney and yes I had a bad experience with a bus driver of Disney and I had a housekeeper of POP break my wife's $50 electric razor. POP promise a repayment I never received.

HOWEVER, out of those 10 days those were the only 2 bad experience so out of that I would say 95% of my visit was magical. That alone is the primary reason I'm going back again this year and will continue to go.

If Disney can keep a at least a 80% magical time then I will go every year for the reason of my life.

jakeman

It's the way of the forums.

It ebbs and flows. This time of year is usually this way due to the recent ticket increases and some last minute trolling by the school kids.

I won't claim that Disney is a perfect company. Nor will I blindly believe that they don't screw up, but as a newer member of this community it just seems like a lot of people on here are generally negative about Disney. I know that one of the highest forms of praise is someone looking for the tiniest faults. However, that being said, if we are all fans it seems like we'd be more constructive in our comments rather than jaded and bitter.

I guess in the end Im just saying that in the 40+ times Ive gone to Disney I have never had a bad time overall or even a bad time for a measurable part of my visit. Some of my fondest memories are from WDW and I really appreciate all the effort they put into their parks and resorts. Sure I could look at that one CM who wasn't the nicest person I ever met, or that one animatronic figure with a lazy eye and get upset about what I perceive as "Disney slipping up" but honestly Im willing to overlook those sorts of things because never once in my patronage of them have they grossly mistreated me, cheated me out of my money, or cheapened my experience.

Disney does a bang up job, and while I completely believe that we as fans should offer insight to our favorite vacation destination on ways they can improve, it shouldn't be at the cost of ripping apart a company who still goes far and beyond the rest of the industry in almost every single way.

As Benjamin Franklin says at the end of The American Adventure, "The Golden Age never was the current one." So being bitter about how Disney isn't what it used to be or how the higher ups are so out of touch compared to years past does little more than feed the flames of discontent without any productive outlet for it.

nuff said i totally agree, it would be nice to see slighter lower prices but yeah very true

powlessfamily4

I agree. I am fairly new here and I have often thought that myself. In fact just a few days ago I had conversation about it someone. Yes, that's right, often times my day to day conversation is about something I read on the board. ROFL I guess that makes me a Disney FREAK!!!!!! :)

raven

Yea I realized just after I had posted the thread that I had a typo, and not just any typo... I frantically looked for a way to edit it, but apparently I can't edit the title of a thread, only the body of it.

That's ok. Most Magical Express drivers pronounce it that way. Dis-a-ny. One of them also claimed that the 3PM parade goes from Main Street USA all the way to Sunset Blvd. That's a freakishly long parade!!! :lol:

Korfar

I am fairly new here as well and I was turned off by the forums for a while due to the griping. I have since learned which threads to avoid. The title alone will generally give it away that it has nothing but complaints. Some on here seem to hate Disney so much I wonder why they even go there anymore. Oh well, what can you do. There are some good threads on here though that are entertaining and insightful. I like the photo threads the most.

floridabill

Newbies need to realize!

You guys need to realize if they keep up with there current ways the average person is going to notice! The parks are bare and trashed! The only place that is looking barely half way decent is Magic kingdom. They haven't really produce anything new in the past 6 YEARS! meanwhile universal is pumping out new rides and lands almost every year! corporate greed and stupid decisions are ruining WDW! Oh yes and I almost forgot they are cheap!! they are always either putting rides on the chopping block or they cheapen them and cut corners and make it less immersive and less exciting!

CarlFredricksen

I said this in a different thread, and it could be said here as well:

The parks are fine. Are they 100% perfect? No. Where they ever? No. Will they ever be? No. There is always room for improvement, and that's what challenges Disney to improve. I never want to be satisifed at a Disney park, b/c if everyone is satisfied where can they challenge themselves to move forward? I always want Disney to push for the best.

Unfortunately, people always search for the negatives instead of the positives (esp on these boards...*cough* THIS THREAD *cough*).

The bottom line is this: If MK adds a tween-adult ride like some suggest, others will bash it saying it should have went to Epcot or DHS. And others will be negative and say, 'why does MK get another attraction, show AK some love.' The FLE at MK meets guests demands with the addition of M&Gs, dining capacity, overall capacity AND a dark ride. And yet some fail to look at the big picture to realize everything they are getting, and selfishly say 'well I want two dark rides.' Just because all of those things don't excite you personally, doesn't mean it's a bad idea. Does everything in MK currently excite you? No. Because everyone has different things they enjoy and expect out of a WDW visit. For some it's dining experiences, others character greetings, and for others attractions.

At the end of the day we are all Disney fans because of what is and has been in central Florida over the last 40 years. We go back year after year because we are happy there. Could each park be a little better? Sure. But at what price? Disney is a company with a bottom line at the end of the day. There aren't endless funds.

Be happy with what you got. After all, we could be in HK.

French Quarter

I think the best way to counter negativity is with positivity. So, don't argue with people who are being critical for the fun of it. Just ignore those posts and stay cheerful and fair with yours. If we all do that, those posts will start to disappear.

PeoplemoverTTA

I'm on the fence about this topic, because I feel that some of the conversations are very interesting (about the issues Disney needs to work on and yes, the faults).

As I mentioned in another thread asking whether Disney is "slipping," my WDW vacations are still magical, and the ultimate excitement for my family is planning a trip to WDW (our first full family trip since 2003).

I'm 30, not a high schooler, and I've been around these boards for a little while, so while I don't bash anyone or anything, I have my opinions (we're all here to share our opinions about a place that we love, after all!), good and bad, and I enjoy the discussion...that's why I'm here.

So, while I feel you're entitled to your opinion, I'm not tired of any discussion here on WDWMagic. If I'm not interested in a particular thread, I don't read it. If I disagree with someone and want to respond, I do. I honestly don't understand why these threads keep popping up with some grand proclamation that people are tired of other people's opinions...this is a discussion forum, for, you know...discussing...:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom