Tips for WDW when pregnant

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I'd love to hear some tried and true tips for going to WDW when you are in your 3rd trimester of pregnancy.

I have already found out what rides you can and can't do when pregnant. But I would like some other practical advice. Like best places in the park to sit and cool down, things you didn't know would bother you until you did it, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Chef Mickey

I'd just skip it until you've had the baby. Lots of germs, lots of people bumping into you, and just a lot you shouldn't do.

That said, you could definitely go and just eat a lot at hotels, nice restaurants, watch shows, and ride the PeopleMover.

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I appreciate the medical advice and tips. I get all of that. We are not flying but driving from Tennessee. I was really looking more for park advice from moms who have been there and less common sense tips. I have that covered. It might not even be that late in the pregnancy depending on what dates we land on.

erasure fan1

Well I'm not a mom whos done it but my wife did. The best advice I could give is bring a small backpack with extra snacks and water (unless you have a lot of extra money) because in the Florida heat she had to drink a lot. We always planned to be at whatever park at rope drop, then leave by lunchish. Then back to the room to relax and swim. We would then go back out around dinner. The only downside was she had to obviously stay off any big rides. It did sort of force her to go see some of the shows and exhibit type suff she never had a lot of interest in.

DisneyMama830

In the Parks
No
I was 6 1/2 months pregnant with my second on our last trip in August 2016. My advice would be to 1.) hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, 2.) really pace yourself. And 3.) get a really, really good pair of walking shoes and a good waterproofer (just in case) It rained pretty much the whole trip (thanks to the fact it was hurricane season), so I couldn’t really wear my good sneakers without ruining them and my back was killing me by day 3. I spent a lot of time shopping or grabbing a snack and a water if I needed some AC when I couldn’t go on a ride with my husband and son. That, or I’d go find a shady spot to sit on a bench or retaining wall while I waited. I spent a lot of time in Mouse Gears, especially. There’s a little outdoor market in Animal Kingdom too where you can snag some water and fresh fruit and there are a few shaded tables as well as some nearby benches. My guys wanted to do Kilimanjaro Safaris twice that day, so that was a nice break. You just have to go a little easier than you would if you weren’t pregnant. We were still in the parks 15-17 hours a day, but we were moving at a pretty leisurely pace.

katieee

i was 22 ish weeks. lots of snacks and water, comfy shoes, know where the nearest hospital is. i don’t know if it’s the same in the US i’m from the U.K. but we have pregnancy notes we should carry everywhere. i did bring them but left them in the room. i went on frozen, flight of passage, soarin, just didn’t do the fast ones or really bumpy ones! i found kilamanjaro the worst, so bumpy 😂 i had awful sciatica and SPD so had to hire a wheelchair 2 days. but we do 14 days in the disney parks and mostly 12+ hours a day and i had a toddler! you will be fine!!

NelleBelle

Depending on how hot it is, I’d eriously consider wearing compression sock (they have stylish options nowadays) as all that walking and being on your feet may give you sausage feet! I also used a belly/back support band as I had horrible lower back pain and standing in lines made it a whole lot worse.

Maybe opt for meals in inside a/c places and definitely take any opportunity to put your feet up! Also, make sure you look at the park maps ahead of time so you know where all the rerooms are so when nature calls, you’re not scrambling for the nearest bathroom!

Make sure you ask your hotel to give you extra pillows (unless you’re bringing your own) so you’re comfy at night. I loved our resort pool, especially after returning from the parks at night, just to take the weight off of me before going to bed. Good luck!

correcaminos

Don't forget free ice water at QS locations. I see it more often as a whole at various self service locations too. Take it easy and break often. You know your body too. My 3rd trimester was finally the one I felt best but others its tough. So listen to your body.

DfromATX

What month are you going in? I hope it’s not the summer! I went to Europe in my 2nd trimester during the summer. While it wasn’t as hot as it would be in Orlando, it was a little hard to do so much walking. Rest often, don’t overdo it, and wear very comfortable shoes. I would consider postponing the trip if it’s planned for summer. That is just too hot and would be miserable.

DisneyAubs

I’ve been to wdw in the dead of summer while pregnant with both of my kids. Second trimester.

Count on your feet swelling and pack shoes accordingly. And obviously, as mentioned before, drink plenty of water. On a related note....pay attention to where bathrooms are and stop frequently. Plenty of hydration plus a growing baby means extra bathroom breaks!

Otherwise, I went about my trips pretty normally, although at slower pace. (Skipping any ride not suited for pregnant women, obviously). You’ll be surprised how much you can still do!

Also, this is a good trip to try and take some pool breaks! We tend to rush and neglect that pool time, but it was a great way to cool down and relax!

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I’ve been to wdw in the dead of summer while pregnant with both of my kids. Second trimester.

Count on your feet swelling and pack shoes accordingly. And obviously, as mentioned before, drink plenty of water. On a related note....pay attention to where bathrooms are and stop frequently. Plenty of hydration plus a growing baby means extra bathroom breaks!

Otherwise, I went about my trips pretty normally, although at slower pace. (Skipping any ride not suited for pregnant women, obviously). You’ll be surprised how much you can still do!

Also, this is a good trip to try and take some pool breaks! We tend to rush and neglect that pool time, but it was a great way to cool down and relax!

Thank you, this was really helpful! 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom