Tips for trip in June 2006

pescador1f

i always plan before i go & when i get there i do whatever the weather warrants. planning is difficult because some parks may be empty(good time to go), extra magic hours help planning. last time i based my "plan" solely off extra magic hours and did whatever on down times. like said before some parks only need a few hours, especially the water parks. i love to bounce around, 2or 3 parks a day as opposed to doing everything in one day, gets boring. Also try to plan for when Magic Kingdom has the Spectro magic Parade, a must see. just have fun and in this amount of time you should be able to do and see everything. My last trip was 7 days(only WDW) and the only thing i missed was Fantasmic. have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

kev1000

pyrophoric said:
Well, I am 23 with tattoos all over and dont look like someone who would be sitting in a flying elephant at a kids park :)

i am 41 with load of tattoos and i was worse than my daughter and i went on the flying elephants it is great as is everything there

melbatoast

A few tips from someone who has been going to WDW since her second birthday(me).

1. If you think a 23 year old with tatoos would be the most out of place person on the Dumbo ride, you are sadly mistaken.
2. If you are taking the Dumbo ride as a standard for other rides, you are even more mistaken.

If you are into more exciting rides, there are lots. Try Splash Mountain(especially if it's a particularily hot day), Space Mountain, The Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in MK. You might want to skip the afternoon parade and go back for some more rides, but then again, I have seen the parades too many times myself, and that may habe some effect on that. If you don't mind rides that are a bit more timid, try Pirates of the Carribbean, The Tiki Room, and The Tomorrowland Transit Authority(which some classify as dull, but is a great way to relax after spending hours in MK, plus you get to see a lot of Tomorrowland, sitting down.) In Epcot, go for Soarin', Test Track, and maybe Honey, I Shrunk The Audience. If your up for Mission: SPACE, go for it!! But be warned, it should NOT be underestimated!!! In MGM, I'd suggest Rockin' Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Play It! and The Great Movie Ride. I haven't seen Lights, Motors, Action yet, but It's supposed to be pretty good too. Next is Animal Kingdom. Try Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Kilomanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, and It's Tough to Be a Bug.

Keep in mind that even the most expert WDW visiters find it near impossible to do EVERYTHING in a day. I suggest buying Birnbaum's Guide to WDW without Kids.

Last but not least, have a great trip. I hope its everything you and your fiance hoped it would be.

MouseCrazy

Pyro - You are going to have the time of your life!

You mentioned you were staying in a hotel that is not on WDW property. If you are doing this to save money, you might want to check out the rates at one of the value resorts at Disney. They are very reasonable and they are so much more convenient. If you have to drive to the parks every day you are wasting valuable fun time (not to mention not being able to take advantage of the extra magic hours).

PS - if you've never been, you just GOTTA do Dumbo! But do it first thing in the morning. The lines are KILLER there after that!

RalphieN

All I'd like to say is that sometimes "less is more." In our first few trips to Disney, we tried to do everything and it just tires you out. Sit back, relax, watch other people stress out while enjoying an ice cream. Get a "Fast Pass" and chill. If you don't get to a few things, no worries, it's an excuse to plan another trip and believe me, you will want to plan another trip, it's inevitable. And don't skip the parades at Disney or the nighttime shows (Wishes, Fantasmic, Illuminations) and enjoy yourself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom