Tips for staying club level

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
Hello!

I've been pricing out some different trips and I keep drifting back to the idea of staying at one of the resorts on the club level. Are there any tips and tricks to maximize this experience? It seems like the obvious savings could be going club and then cutting out some other meals, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

Would appreciate any advice!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It can be done, but like you said, it is not realistic.

I have stayed at club level a few times and while it is nice, it just is not worth the extra money. Saving money by staying club level borders on impossible.

It is pretty good for a quick breakfast or grabbing a snack or a drink when you happen upon your resort, but is not an equal substitution for a table service lunch or dinner. Counter service...ehh...you could make that argument, but the time spent getting back to your resort will negate any savings.

I would skip it if you plan on spending a good deal of time at the parks.

correcaminos

Hello!

I've been pricing out some different trips and I keep drifting back to the idea of staying at one of the resorts on the club level. Are there any tips and tricks to maximize this experience? It seems like the obvious savings could be going club and then cutting out some other meals, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

We did it this way. The appetizers were enough for a meal at dinner and boy were they good. Saved us on breakfast and snacks as well. We are ones to enjoy the resort more than some so it was worth it. Now we are DVC and sometimes I really miss the CL lounges.

tampabrad

Having an AP and being a Florida resident, I'll stay club level if I can get a decent rate on the room and don't plan on being in the parks all day.

That said, we usually have a light breakfast in the lounge, hit the parks for a ride or two. Head back to the resort for the evening snacks and then pool time before dinner and then back to the parks for emh. Don't usually make it back for the later night offerings.

Personally, I don't think the food options can replace lunch or dinner. Breakfast, mid-day snack, evening appetizer, dessert, yes. If planning on being in the parks all day, not sure if it is worth it at all.

GastonLeFou

We always stay club level - but only when there are room promotions like 25% off your resort stay. We love it. We do not use it to replace meals but to supplement them. For example, with the dining plan, we will not waste our credit on a breakfast so we use the club for that meal. We use it for mid-day snacks and pre-dinner drinks as well. My husband likes the fact that he can get drinks there while I shower before dinner. They have beer and wine and a few spirits but not a full bar. And, also, when we are on vacation, we like feeling special and not having to worry about anything. Have loved the service.

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
We always stay club level - but only when there are room promotions like 25% off your resort stay. We love it. We do not use it to replace meals but to supplement them. For example, with the dining plan, we will not waste our credit on a breakfast so we use the club for that meal. We use it for mid-day snacks and pre-dinner drinks as well. My husband likes the fact that he can get drinks there while I shower before dinner. They have beer and wine and a few spirits but not a full bar. And, also, when we are on vacation, we like feeling special and not having to worry about anything. Have loved the service.

Thanks for the feedback and congrats on your first post!

wdwfan22

We stay club level at the Grand quite a bit. The offerings are not designed to replace meals, so don't expect savings for lunch or dinner. It is nice however to utilize the lounge when others in the party are getting ready. We love the evening drinks and appetizers before heading out to dinner. In the morning we will stop for coffee before heading out for the day. It's a nice enhancement to the trip.

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
So curious. After the research what did you do? And which resort?

We elected to give the club level a shot. With one of the offers we found for Wilderness Lodge, the price difference was pretty close to what it would cost to stay in a normal room, so we went for it as we've never tried it before.

We'll actually be heading down for the trip in the next weekish, so I'll have to remember to pop back in here and offer some thoughts on whether it was worth the additional money.

grim-grinning_toast

Club Level is the greatest thing to ever happen at Walt Disney World. Seriously, I am so spoiled by it that I never want to go back to a standard room again. You can definitely get by with breakfast at the club level if you're a light eater, they have fruit, juice, coffee. Lunch and Dinner are a little trickier, but the food is delicious. And as stated before, alcohol is included so you can help yourself at night. Just make sure you have your ID on you!!

You're going to love it. We've stayed Club Level at the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian and I cannot say enough good things about it. Please update us on how it goes!! Have the best time!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello!

Years ago I stayed at the club level at WL, the Poly, and the Grand, just one time. for each of those resorts. Each time, I stayed only 3 nights, due to the higher cost, even with at least a 25% discount at the time.

Basically, I just wanted to experience the club level a few times, and I think it's fine for anyone to try, at least once. In terms of price, however, it's not be the best value for your dollar.

What I liked the best was just the convenience of having everything available on your floor. I liked the fact that I could just stroll in there at any odd hour, and at least find coffee, soft drinks, light snacks, etc. (Similar to when you're at home and you pass in and out of the kitchen. when you feel like it.) They also had more food offerings at different times of the day, and they give you a list of times for those, when you first check in. It was really nice having breakfast (continental, for the most part) without having to stand in line someplace (whether at a QS or TS location) first thing in the morning. I used to chuckle when I'd see some people go to the club lounge in the morning, wearing their slippers. ;) It was a comfortable atmosphere.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We stay club level at the Grand quite a bit. The offerings are not designed to replace meals, so don't expect savings for lunch or dinner. It is nice however to utilize the lounge when others in the party are getting ready. We love the evening drinks and appetizers before heading out to dinner. In the morning we will stop for coffee before heading out for the day. It's a nice enhancement to the trip.

I especially loved the champagne and my son in law and his dad loved a nice whisky in the evening.

But I agree, the late afternoon/evening snacks aren't really a substitute for dinner - we planned late lunches at a TS, so the snacks were fine in that case. The breakfast was perfect for us, though. Juice, oatmeal, some kind of egg dish, toast, tea. I was tempted to wander over in the AM in my robe and pjs, but it is the GF....

Probably wouldn't do it again - this was a special trip with both parents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom