Tips for first Disneyland trip

EnvyGreen

Figment571 said:
Hmmm.... My family is going out there in two weeks and we were all just going to stay there longer so we could all see L.A. My Mom is paranoid too. Even though I'm a manly man......jk.lol No I'm a teen:D

lol! i said the same thing...well except for the manly man part. :lol: my mom doesnt like the surrounding area. *sigh* atleast she is letting us go into the parks alone.

TP2000

EnvyGreen said:
So here's a stupid question...

We're leaving next Friday for Cali and my mother would rather check out L.A. then go to the the parks. Since we only have one rental car, she was just going to drop us off. How do they go about it at DL? She's just paranoid and told me to ask :lol:.

There's a free 20 minute parking lot used for drop off/pick up on Harbor Blvd. It's directly across from the International House of Pancakes and 15 yards south of the main Harbor Blvd. pedestrian/shuttle bus/taxicab entrance driveway. She can drop you off there, and then pick you up at the same spot. She can leave her car there unattended for short periods of time, or she can sit there for as long as she wants as long as she stays in the car.

It's a 3 minute stroll to the main entrance plaza for both Disneyland and DCA from that small parking lot.

EnvyGreen

TP2000 said:
There's a free 20 minute parking lot used for drop off/pick up on Harbor Blvd. It's directly across from the International House of Pancakes and 15 yards south of the main Harbor Blvd. pedestrian/shuttle bus/taxicab entrance driveway. She can drop you off there, and then pick you up at the same spot. She can leave her car there unattended for short periods of time, or she can sit there for as long as she wants as long as she stays in the car.

It's a 3 minute stroll to the main entrance plaza for both Disneyland and DCA from that small parking lot.

Aw, great! Thankyou VERY much it's greatly appreciated!

Brisal73

1.) How many days do I need to dedicate to truly seeing these parks. Do both of them need 2 days or could I get away with 2 at Disneyland and 1 a DCA?

Depends on what time of year you go, but I would take 3 days at the DLR. One being Disneyland, second being DCA during the day and Disneyland at night, and third day could be a park hopper day since the 2 parks are so close together compared to WDW you can hit the attraction you like best

2.) Which Hotel is considered the premiere hotel at the resort. If I wanted the absolute best experience which hotel would you recommend I stay at?

All 3 DL hotels are great
1) Grand California
2) DL Hotel
3) Paradise Pier

I would choose DL Hotel for simple reason of nostalgia. 1st trip to DL should be the DL hotel as well

3.) Does anyone have an estimation of what a flight from Florida out there will cost?

Again depends on time of year

4.) What things must I see while I'm there?
DL: don't fall under the assumption that all attractions are the same as WDW. Do them all... each one is different in its own way.

Not to be missed:
Space Mountain
Indiana Jones
Matterhorn
Fantasmic
Remember Fireworks
Pirates

5.) What restaurants are considered the best places to eat at the parks?

DCA: Golden Winery. Two restaurants here . Second level being more expensive, but better food, Taste Pilots, Lemon Freeze, Churros, and a small place at the GC Hotel...Bear snacks hidden gem

DL: Blue Bayou, Bengal BBQ, Redd Rockets, Zocalo, Lemon Freeze, Churros

6.) What time of year would be best for me to visit?
I would choose last month of August beginning of September. Schools start to go back in session and the attractions are fully operational

7.) Most of the trip will be spent at Disneyland, but I'd hate to travel all the way to the other side of the country and completely miss some things I should most definitely see while I'm there. So what other things aside from Disney should I visit? The only other thing I know of is Universal which I hear pales quite a bit with Disney or even the Universal in Orlando. What other things are there to see?

I would actually do Universal Hollywood, BUT only if you get the VIP pass which gives you an inside toiur of the entire studio. You actually get to walk in the actual lot of the famous movies and tv shows, plus you get a really awesome view on how a movie studio work TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY

If you like thrill rides/ coasters make sure you go to Six Flags Magic Mountain. the new Tatsu ride might be the best coaster in the world.

Anyways if you have any more questions just email me at brisal73@hotmail.com

-Brian
www.remainseated.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom