Tips badly needed

Grim Grinner

My wife and I are planning on heading down to WDW in either the first or second week of October. We want to stay at Carribean Beach (our home away from home). However, I was wondering if there are any discounts or rate deductions thats I might be able to get to make the trip more affordable?

Would either of those two weeks be decent in terms of hours/attendance?

Any advice would be appreciated.

wannabeBelle

Are you definitely stuck with that time frame? If so, the only discounts that I know of are for Annual Passholders. How long are you going for? If you are going for more than 8 days, the pass is a breakeven deal at that point even without the discounts. I am going Oct 24th-30th and I got my room at the Coronado for $110.42 a night with tax and all that stuff included with the Annual Pass discount.
If you arent locked into the time frame, the Winter Dream Maker Package is available starting on 11/10/03 thru 2/11/04. This may be an option depending on the time frame that you choose, as it doesnt involve purchasing an AP to book it!!
Any other questions, please dont be afraid to ask!!! Ill try to help any way I can!! Belle

Upvote 0

Grim Grinner

Original Poster
I'm sorta locked into that timeframe

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, since I work retailed my weeks available for vacation are severely limited. It's either one of those first two weeks or not at all.

I think I might have seen a thread from awhile back when people were discussing rates at the various sections within CB. Are the farther ones cheaper?

Would it be better to talk to someone from Disney? Or would it be better to do it online?

Thanks again for your help. I really hope to pull this together quickly.

Upvote 0

disney1981

Different Rates for CBR?

The only two rates that I am aware of are water view or Standard view. See disney's rates here...
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wa...tesindex?id=CARCaribbeanBeachResortRmRtGrping
I would check with Disney to see if any AP rates are still avaliable for your dates before purchasing an AP for the reason of getting the discount and find out no AP room rates are avaliable. AAA members or Disney Club members can also get room discounts.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

hey there, As posted by Disney1981, the only room rate difference is waterview or standard view. The standard view is generally about $10.00 a night cheaper but you are looking at a room rate only ( no tickets etc) of about $170 or so a night for one of the Moderates. Different areas within the resort arent priced any differently though, unlike the All Stars where a "preferred room" is available, again about $10.00 a night more than the standard. As far as any other specials, sometimes travel agents get notice of specials that the general public doesnt know about. You may want to PM Kingdom Konsultant on these boards. She is a travel agent as well as a sposor of the boards. I will send her this thread. Maybe she may have some more info for you other than the general stuff that we have given so far!! Hope this helps!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Disney Deals

We are going November 13 and got a stay for seven and pay for four deal, but we did book in April, and did go through a travel agent. Our seven nights at an Allstar for two adults and one child is approx $1100.

Upvote 0

Steven Lofgren

My family and I will also be there the second week of October arriving on Saturday the 11th. We have rooms for the 12th thru the 17th and needed a room for the evening we arrive.We have APs and waited for the AP rates to come out only to find out the AP rate rooms were all sold out within the first day. The problem we had and didnt realize it until after we rented DVC points was that that weekend is Columbus Day Weekend. My Wife just got us a fairly good rate at the Best Western on Hotel Plaza Boulevard for our first night. Wish we could have stayed on property.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Id certainly try calling back and seeing if anything has opened up for that time frame. Most of the deposits for that time frame have come due, and if someone didnt pay it the rooms are released again. Plus I Am pretty sure as we get closer to the date, if the resorts dont fill up as they had expected more rooms will be released into the AP rates and other discounted programs. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom