Tips and Tricks of the Deluxe DDP

Indy_UK

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

looking for some tips and advice really. We were booked for AKL next year on the free standard DDP. My husband decided to surprise me this week by upgrading it to the Deluxe plan as he managed to get it cheaper than the upgrade price Disney quoted via our travel agent.

Im fine with it as price wise, it was reasonable but when looking at my plans i am trying to figure out how to maximise it.

Breakfasts and Dinners are pretty much sorted and makes up a lot of these Table Service Credits:

Breakfast:
Boma
1900 Park Fair
Tusker House
Crystal Palace
Garden Grill

Lunch:
Yak & Yeti
Spitsville Diner

Dinner:
Hoop De Du Review
Sanna
The Wave
Sci-Fi Diner
Le Cellier
Hollywood Brown Derby
California Grill
Chef Mickeys
Be Our Guest
Toledo

Quite a few of these are 2 Credits and we've never been to 90% of these before, so I'm pleased we have the opportunity to finally see them

Where i am struggling is lunch.....

Table service Credits can't be broken into multiple Quick Service Credits can they? just a 1 for 1 use?

What are some good lunch options that will make good use of a Table service credit?

sdemore

We have always done the deluxe dining plan, husband likes the all inclusive vibe and we like signature dining. We are big eaters, but from personal experience, with breakfast and dinner there was no way we could eat lunch. That is when we would use our snack credits if we needed a little something to carry us over until dinner. I hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

sdemore

Forgot to add, if I have the correct information as I haven't done this myself, the only exchange I think you can do is exchanging a table service credit for 3 snack credits. I hope someone else will correct me if I am wrong.

Joeamc

Hi everyone,

looking for some tips and advice really. We were booked for AKL next year on the free standard DDP. My husband decided to surprise me this week by upgrading it to the Deluxe plan as he managed to get it cheaper than the upgrade price Disney quoted via our travel agent.

Im fine with it as price wise, it was reasonable but when looking at my plans i am trying to figure out how to maximise it.

Breakfasts and Dinners are pretty much sorted and makes up a lot of these Table Service Credits:

Breakfast:
Boma
1900 Park Fair
Tusker House
Crystal Palace
Garden Grill

Lunch:
Yak & Yeti
Spitsville Diner

Dinner:
Hoop De Du Review
Sanna
The Wave
Sci-Fi Diner
Le Cellier
Hollywood Brown Derby
California Grill
Chef Mickeys
Be Our Guest
Toledo

Quite a few of these are 2 Credits and we've never been to 90% of these before, so I'm pleased we have the opportunity to finally see them

Table service Credits can't be broken into multiple Quick Service Credits can they? just a 1 for 1 use?

What are some good lunch options that will make good use of a Table service credit?
I have done the deluxe dining plan a few times. I think its great! Definitely gives the "all inclusive vibe". I feel that Breakfasts don't offer great "bang for your buck". I usually do an early lunch (like 11:30 am) then a little later dinner. Character meals like chef mickeys are great. Dinner Shows such as hoop dee doo Revue, and the Luau at Poly are great ways to maximize also. And of course as you mentioned signature meals such as Cali grill, Jiko, and Narcooses (whole Lobster) are great along with all of the great appetizers that those restaurants offer (included in DDP). so my biggest suggestion would be do more lunches and less breakfasts to maximize the value (and the great food) of the Deluxe Dining plan. As far as lunch options I really feel that all of the table service restaurants that are good for dinner are also great for lunch. Some of my favorites for lunch are, Sci fi, 50s prime time, The wave, liberty tree tavern, skippers, Cinderellas royal table, Be our Guest, Coral reef, Via Napoli, just to mention a few. I have done lunch at all of these and they are all fantastic. Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

When doing the Deluxe DDP, you need to adjust your thinking, as you don't have TS and QS credits, you just have credits that can be used for either. In other words:

- On the standard dining plan, on a 3 night stay, you'd have 3 TS credits and 3 QS credits and 6 snack credits per person
- On the Deluxe dining plan, on a 3 night stay, you'd have 9 dining credits (can be used for either TS or QS) and 6 snack credits per person

In other words, since you don't have TS credits on the Deluxe plan, there is nothing to break into QS credits.

A good strategy is to find articles that help you maximize the use of your snack credits as that can help you maximize your plan.

Joeamc

When doing the Deluxe DDP, you need to adjust your thinking, as you don't have TS and QS credits, you just have credits that can be used for either. In other words:

- On the standard dining plan, on a 3 night stay, you'd have 3 TS credits and 3 QS credits and 6 snack credits per person
- On the Deluxe dining plan, on a 3 night stay, you'd have 9 dining credits (can be used for either TS or QS) and 6 snack credits per person

In other words, since you don't have TS credits on the Deluxe plan, there is nothing to break into QS credits.

A good strategy is to find articles that help you maximize the use of your snack credits as that can help you maximize your plan.
If you use any DDP credits on quick service it blows the "value" of the plan and you actually come out behind financially. Counter service meals not worth it. Unless the Monetary part of it isn't an important aspect of it, which can be. One might want it just for the convenience factor of making your trip "all inclusive". I can understand that thinking also. But financially not a good idea to used dpp credits on counter service.

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

If you use any DDP credits on quick service it blows the "value" of the plan and you actually come out behind financially. Counter service meals not worth it. Unless the Monetary part of it isn't an important aspect of it, which can be. One might want it just for the convenience factor of making your trip "all inclusive". I can understand that think also. But financially not a good idea to used dpp credits on counter service.
Completely understood, but I was making the point that there were no TS credits on the deluxe plan to "convert/break apart".

DisAl

We did the deluxe plan for our 45th anniversary trip. For us the dining was an important part of the trip.
As a previous poster mentioned on the deluxe plan you get three credits a day to use as you please. You could use them for quick service meals but that would be an incredible waste of money. If I remember correctly I read somewhere the "value" of a deluxe dining plan credit is somewhere around $40. I sure wouldn't want to waste a $40 value meal credit to pay for a $15 quick serve breakfast or a less than $20 quick service lunch.
What we did most days was one table service (one credit) and one signature (two credits) every day. The dinner shows take two credits, same as a signature.
In general, unless your are doing one of the character breakfasts breakfast is a poor use of a dining credit. The only breakfast we did was Crystal Palace. For most breakfasts we usually used a snack credit (cinnamon rolls at Gaston's!) or a granola bar we took with us.
Just our opinion, but the best meal we had was at Narcoossee's (butter poached lobster tails and filet). And don't forget before you leave if you have any snacks left use them to purchase things like the big Mickey sugar cookies or cinnamon rolls from Gaston's and take them home with you.
As for the value of the plan, it depends entirely on how you use it. I kept up with all of the meal receipts and compared what we would have spent if we had not been on the DDP. In our case the "value" of the plan was about 125% of what we paid for it.

Indy_UK

Original Poster
I have done the deluxe dining plan a few times. I think its great! Definitely gives the "all inclusive vibe". I feel that Breakfasts don't offer great "bang for your buck". I usually do an early lunch (like 11:30 am) then a little later dinner. Character meals like chef mickeys are great. Dinner Shows such as hoop dee doo Revue, and the Luau at Poly are great ways to maximize also. And of course as you mentioned signature meals such as Cali grill, Jiko, and Narcooses (whole Lobster) are great along with all of the great appetizers that those restaurants offer (included in DDP). so my biggest suggestion would be do more lunches and less breakfasts to maximize the value (and the great food) of the Deluxe Dining plan. As far as lunch options I really feel that all of the table service restaurants that are good for dinner are also great for lunch. Some of my favorites for lunch are, Sci fi, 50s prime time, The wave, liberty tree tavern, skippers, Cinderellas royal table, Be our Guest, Coral reef, Via Napoli, just to mention a few. I have done lunch at all of these and they are all fantastic. Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

Could you elaborate more when you say about the great appetisers which are included in the DDP?

All table service restaurants include a main, dessert and drink don’t they? I assume that’s the same for the 2 credit signature restaurants?

Breakfasts will probably end up being a lot of character ones as it saves a lot of character meet and greets in the park.

I guess if I get a quick service meal and alcoholic drink with it, that’s maybe a $30 value there. Do they come with a dessert too?

Joeamc

Could you elaborate more when you say about the great appetisers which are included in the DDP?

All table service restaurants include a main, dessert and drink don’t they? I assume that’s the same for the 2 credit signature restaurants?

Breakfasts will probably end up being a lot of character ones as it saves a lot of character meet and greets in the park.

I guess if I get a quick service meal and alcoholic drink with it, that’s maybe a $30 value there. Do they come with a dessert too?
With the deluxe dining plan at table service restaurants you will receive:
Each Table-Service meal includes (for lunch or dinner):
  • 1 Appetizer
  • 1 Entrée
  • 1 Dessert*
  • 1 Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)

Joeamc

Quick service will not include dessert.
Each Quick-Service meal includes (for breakfast, lunch or dinner):
  • 1 Entrée

DisAl

• 1 Appetizer
  • 1 Entrée
  • 1 Dessert*
You almost can't eat that much. But we did! :happy:
One thing to consider when thinking about the value of the plan is what you would normally do. If paying out of pocket I would not order an appetizer, entree, and desert. So yes, I could spend less money than on the dining plan but I wouldn't get to eat like a king.
The meal at Narcoossee's I mentioned in an earlier post would have cost $250 for the two of us had we not been on the DDP.

Joeamc

You almost can't eat that much. But we did! :happy:
One thing to consider when thinking about the value of the plan is what you would normally do. If paying out of pocket I would not order an appetizer, entree, and desert. So yes, I could spend less money than on the dining plan but I wouldn't get to eat like a king.
The meal at Narcoossee's I mentioned in an earlier post would have cost $250 for the two of us had we not been on the DDP.
Totally correct. It does afford you to "splurge" and not look at the prices of apps and entrees as you probably normally would if not on the plan. Which is nice. You definitely "Eat like a king" on the deluxe plan. lol

Joeamc

Totally correct. It does afford you to "splurge" and not look at the prices of apps and entrees as you probably normally would if not on the plan. Which is nice. You definitely "Eat like a king" on the deluxe plan. lol
Funny story, my self and my wife and kids, and my sisters family were eating at Narcoose's on the deluxe dining plan, and my sister ordered the steak. So with the deluxe dining plan you can add on the lobster tail for NO Additional cost. So I told her just add the Lobster tail and she was like " I can't eat another bite". lol.

Indy_UK

Original Poster
  • 1 Appetizer
  • 1 Entrée
  • 1 Dessert*

Oh blimey, I didn’t know there was appetisers too. Lol

And that’s for every table service, not just signature?

And I’m guessing you have to have all 3 courses in one go to count as one credit. You can’t just have main and dessert but save the appetiser for another restaurant on a different day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom