Tipping on the DDP - how does it work?

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I'm American so I fully understand how tipping works and how much to tip.

But this will be the first trip we are using the Disney dining plan. So I would love a play by play of how things work. I know that tips are NOT included in the Disney dining credits. But how does this process work?

I am assuming I let the server know at the start of the meal that we will be using the DDP. Will I still get a receipt? What forms of payment can I use to tip if I am using the dining credit? Are debit/credit cards okay? What about Disney gift cards?

Thank you so much for your help!

Smiley/OCD

We always use the DDP...tips are not included (unless you have a large party of 7+)...just leave a tip as usual...we always accrue points on our Disney Visa card and after we transfer them to a gift card, we use that for our tips...if you don't have the card, just buy some Disney gift cards before you leave and use them for tips...this way you don't have to carry $$$

Weather_Lady

Note that for the meals that require prepayment -- Cinderella's Royal Table, Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. Spirit of Aloha, and Mickey's Backyard BBQ -- the tip is included in the price and is part of that prepayment, so you don't have to leave another tip at the time of service. For all other TS meals, however, you are expected to tip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom