Tipping DME when you aren't in the room?

Gomer

Original Poster
I’m hoping this doesn’t devolve into another tipping debate, but some recent threads made this question pop into my head that I had never really considered before. I am travelling tomorrow, so it suddenly became urgent in my mind.

I use DME for my bags. If I am in the room when they arrive I tip them for bringing the bags in. If I am not, they just leave them and get no tip as I am not there to tip them. Is there some method in place for tipping the DME folks if you are not in the room when your bags arrive?

I never really thought about how many of them I have unintentionally stiffed over the years. Is it just accepted that the majority of their “deliveries” will be untipped?

Gomer

Original Poster
I support this question, but likely not the trail of drivel it'll create ...
I was really hesitant to even ask knowing how these threads go, but I thought that maybe all these years I'd been missing something obvious and had become a poor tipper without being aware.

Rob562

The Bell Services people who deliver the bags get a tip from the DME system specifically because it's designed for the luggage to be delivered to your room without you there. There is no need to tip for your DME bag delivery unless you feel an additional tip is necessary.

This is not to be confused with Bell Services delivering bags that aren't from DME (such as when transferring from one hotel to another) when a tip is typically appropriate.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom