Tipping Bell Services

lazyboy97o

I see ECV's plugged in outside rooms in the hallways all the time at Disney resorts. Is that not ok to do? If not, you would think Disney would enforce that.
it is not okay as means of egress are to be kept clear. Imagine if you and everyone else were trying to get out of a smoke filled hotel corridor and ran into a parked scooter. They also have batteries that are combustible so they could catch fire or even explode.

It is something too many think is okay so it gets repeated a lot. Disney also has a deep hesitancy to confront guests even if they are in the wrong.

It’s not just space it’s a liability issue. They will instruct you to leave it outside the room.
Which they should not be doing and you should not do.

jaklgreen

it is not okay as means of egress are to be kept clear. Imagine if you and everyone else were trying to get out of a smoke filled hotel corridor and ran into a parked scooter. They also have batteries that are combustible so they could catch fire or even explode.

It is something too many think is okay so it gets repeated a lot. Disney also has a deep hesitancy to confront guests even if they are in the wrong.

Which they should not be doing and you should not do.

The old "everyone else is doing it" excuse is strong on this forum. No one should leave any personal belongings in the hallway. Imagine if everyone started doing that. I don't want my empty luggage taking up space in my room, so I'll just roll it out into the hallway. Why fold up your big double stroller, just leave it in the hallway. Got a cooler full of drinks? Leave it in the hallway. The hallway is common space, not a guest's personal extension of their room.

PolynesianPrincess

The old "everyone else is doing it" excuse is strong on this forum. No one should leave any personal belongings in the hallway. Imagine if everyone started doing that. I don't want my empty luggage taking up space in my room, so I'll just roll it out into the hallway. Why fold up your big double stroller, just leave it in the hallway. Got a cooler full of drinks? Leave it in the hallway. The hallway is common space, not a guest's personal extension of their room.

I never stated it was ok. I simply stated I saw guests doing it so I thought that's what they may have been instructed to do by Disney. Obviously if it's not what Disney is telling them to do, they shouldn't do it. I've never had to rent an ECV before so I know nothing about the subject. Just stated what I saw.

Weather_Lady

The CM you talked to may be right, OP, or if they're not, this may be a situation where you have to work out the logistics with the assistance of a front desk manager at check-in, to make sure you have access to the ECVs without infringing on the fire code. I see enough oldster couples at WDW where both people are using rented ECVs that I imagine there's got to be some sort of workaround for parties that need to safely store two of them.

As far as a tip, I would give at least $5 per day, per stored ECV -- which is less than the price of a Dole Whip float, so a relative pittance in Disney terms. ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom