Tipping at resorts

Conwest777

What is a "good" tip for the castmember who cleans our room? My husband & I usually tip $3 (on our other vacations), but this time we will have 3 rooms and there will be 4 to a room. So should it be more? Also do we tip the concierge?

Conwest777

Original Poster
Thanks. They are concierge rooms. I think $5/day per room sounds good. Now how much to the concierge. Tigs Mom you always come thru for me. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

s25843

Conwest777 said:
Thanks. They are concierge rooms. I think $5/day per room sounds good. Now how much to the concierge. Tigs Mom you always come thru for me. Thanks again.

Depending on how much I rely on Concierge during a trip, I usually tip between $10-20 a day...

Upvote 0

brkgnews

I stayed at a value resort last time around on an eight-night stay -- I left a buck a day, then a fiver on the last night. I was not with anyone else, tho -- so it was just make the bed and change out one towel and wash cloth. Apparently it was acceptable, though, since one day I came back and found my room infested by the wild washcloth bunny! :D

That amount seemed appropriate to me for a value resort and no major messes, but maybe I'm just a cheap #%$&$*(! Of course, if somebody in your room throws a gallon of pudding against a wall or something, you'd probably want to drop a little extra cash that day. :)

Upvote 0
At one time I had read a tipping guide which said housekeeping should be tipped $1-$2 per person, per night, per room.

For the 2 of us that would be $2-$4 per night total, so I would leave $5 every morning. We always end up with lots of extra towels and a whole bunch of soap and shampoo and towel animals, sometimes a thank you note too, last trip we ended up with about 20 of each soap/shampoo which we brought home and gave to family and friends.

I think it's best to tip daily instead of at the end of your stay; if housekeeping knows they're going to be tipped regularly you're more likely to get extras.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Do any of you realize that most people DO NOT tip housekeepers?

Not saying they shouldn't, but some of you are worried about not tipping enough and calling yourselves cheap. If you leave them $1 per day, it's more than pretty much everyone else is giving them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom