Tinkerbell's Flight Cancelled May 1 and 6, 2003

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Tinkerbell's Flight Cancelled May 1 and 6, 2003
04/28/2003

BAY LAKE, FL (Kingdom Kryer) -- Tinkerbell's Flight will not be performed as part of the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks on May 1 and 6, 2003, due to a refurbishment being performed on the show. Tinkerbell will return to the Magic Kingdom Park to ignite the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks on May 10, 2003.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by objr
Does this mean that Tinkerbell will be a part of the new "wishes" show???

Well, she will be, but this doesn't necessarily prove/support that...just a quick rehab--maybe even a new wire for Tink! (I think I would demand a new one every couple years if I were the one flying nearly 200 feet above the Magic Kingdom!)

Shaman

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Well, she will be, but this doesn't necessarily prove/support that...just a quick rehab--maybe even a new wire for Tink! (I think I would demand a new one every couple years if I were the one flying nearly 200 feet above the Magic Kingdom!)

:lookaroun Wire!?!? I thought she really flew...j/k:lol: . I would demand a new wire too, cause I wouldn't want to test the human ability to fly. This new fireworks show sounds awesome, and Tinkerbell should be a part of it. (Why put in a new wire if she won't be a part of the new show in the future??). :hammer:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Seems a little strange to have a re-hab when the FITS is changing to Wishes at the end of the year, UNLESS Tinkerbells flight IS part of the new show.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Seems a little strange to have a re-hab when the FITS is changing to Wishes at the end of the year, UNLESS Tinkerbells flight IS part of the new show.

Right...maybe they are getting ready to test some "extra magic" on the Tink effect...like, if you watch Believe, there is a kewl effect..not sure how they do it, but it may involve a wire, where a bright light flies around over Sleeping Beauty Castle while the show is beginning, symbolizing Tink basically cleansing the pallet for the fireworks to begin...right before they have that dramatic music start that makes everyone cry:cry:

"Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the dream I wish tonight..."

"The stars are out where dreams are born and fairy tales come true, no matter who you are, there's Magic in the stars, reaching out to you...There's Magic in the Stars, Magic everywhere you look, like pages from a story book..."

~sigh~...I love Believe...definitely looking forward to getting a great score like it has for Wishes...

MicBat

Thanks for the news, MKT!! :wave: Tinkerbell always seems to be a highlight, so she'll more than likely make an appearance in the "wishes" show.

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Katherine
That's always the most magical part! But if it needs to be refurbished it needs to be refurbished.:(
Yes, I agree, thinks like that stunt have to have their regular refurbs.

I'm not sure it would be the same if Tink were to start the show by plummeting to earth.... :cry:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Catch 22
Yes, I agree, thinks like that stunt have to have their regular refurbs.

I'm not sure it would be the same if Tink were to start the show by plummeting to earth.... :cry:

Like how the electronic Tink started Light Magic, lol...in a ball of flames plummetting to the ground, only to have CMs stomp her out lol...thus, Light Magic failed.

MicBat

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Like how the electronic Tink started Light Magic, lol...in a ball of flames plummetting to the ground, only to have CMs stomp her out lol...thus, Light Magic failed.
:eek: Yikes!! When did this happen??

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by MicBat
:eek: Yikes!! When did this happen??

Both during previews and on opening night! Jim Hill has an exceedingly wordy dissertation describing Light Magic's demise if you have the time and/or patience to read it...it's a big waste of time. The only kewl factoid is the Tink in a ball of flames part:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom