Tink starting off the fireworks...

ademello

Hi-
This is our 4th visit to Disneyworld. We are going with our 16 yr old daughter, who can't forgive us for missing Tink starting off the fireworks show. I don't want to miss it again this year. Is there a place for dates of the special fireworks so I can plan our night at the MK?

ademello

Original Poster
Is it hit or miss? Last year we went on a random night because we thought that she flew each night, anyway the weather was awesome, but no Tink....Doghouse for us again! We are also taking her best friend who is 16 and never been. This was one of the most amazing first time things. Don't want to miss it.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

The only time I have not seen Tink start off Wishes was when there was lightening in the air or it was very windy. She started it off one night just as it started to drizzle, thought for sure they would cancel her fight, but nope, she flew right overhead! It was a fast flight though. :lol:

Upvote 0

ademello

Original Poster
Great thanks. Maybe there was some thunder in the area last year. I will get myself out of the doghouse this year for sure. 25 days to go!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

smk

She goes really fast so maybe you all just missed her? I have seen her the best from the area around the noodle station, by the area that is roped off for special viewing (no one is ever there!) and in front of the bathrooms in that area. Good luck! Have fun! Only 30 days for me!!!!

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

She goes really fast so maybe you all just missed her? I have seen her the best from the area around the noodle station, by the area that is roped off for special viewing (no one is ever there!) and in front of the bathrooms in that area. Good luck! Have fun! Only 30 days for me!!!!

Yeah, but can you here the music from there?:shrug:

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Great thanks. Maybe there was some thunder in the area last year. I will get myself out of the doghouse this year for sure. 25 days to go!:ROFLOL:

Are you sure you were standing in the right spot? You can only see her from a small area near the Partner's Statue. If you are too far down Main Street you'll miss it.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Another thing - Tink doesn't START the fireworks. Her entrance is a little bit into the show. So you might have also been watching at the wrong time.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

Wishes is every night.Depending on weather,Tink flies every night too.

Wishes is USUALLY every night that there is not a hard-ticket event. Some nights during the off season there is no fireworks display at all. Check the calendar for the days you will be there to make sure, and make sure you check back once in a while and certainly right before you go, because it is subject to change.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...darHome?id=MKCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Tink flies a few minutes into the show, not at the exact beginning. If you have a view anywhere in front of the castle, you will be able to see her.

I have seen the show a few times when she didn't fly. On every occasion, it was a quite windy evening, and that is why she didn't fly. If storms are in the area, or winds are strong, Tink will not fly. All you can do is check out the weather and plan your Magic Kingdom day on the best weather day.

Wishes is every night, usually at 9 or 10 - be sure to check the times guide when you enter the park to double check.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom