Timing Questions

Matt71

Original Poster
There are a couple timing issues I'm a little concerned about for our trip next month (March 29 - April 6).

Notes: This is our first WDW trip. We will have our own vehicle.

#1 - not a terribly big deal.
On Sunday we will be spending the first part of our day at DHS then going to MK for EMH. We will be watching Fantasmic at 8:30. Is it even remotely possible for us to make it to Main Street @ MK in time for the fireworks at 10pm? It seems possible to me, but there are some factors I can't really gauge appropriately.

I used Google maps and it looks like we can get from one parking lot to the other in about 15 minutes. However, it's my understanding that you can't get into MK directly from the parking lot - is that right? Also how long does it take to get from our seats at Fantasmic to the parking lot? And how long does it take to get into MK at that hour?

#2 - more important
We have an ADR at Le Cellier @ 6:50pm on Tuesday. We also have tickets for the 9:00 La Nouba show @ DTD. Can we make it to La Nouba and be seated in time?

According to google it's a 10 minute drive from one parking lot to the next, but how long does it take to get from Le Cellier to the Epcot parking lot? We plan to show up for our ADR 20 to 30 minutes early in hopes of getting a table sooner rather than later, and we are relatively quick eaters.

We already tried changing our ADR, but all they could give us was a 2:30 lunch ADR which we didn't want.

rob45

Here are my thoughts;
1) Leaving Fantasmic headed to Main Street for 10 p.m. fireworks
When Fantasmic ends its a mass exodus getting out the park, you better be prepared to leave when the showboat comes out towards the end. Hope that traffic is'nt bad trying to get out the parking lot. Then from the MK parking lot you catch a tram, then the monorail or a ferryboat (from parking then getting to the park allow 30-45 minutes)

2) ADR at Le Cellier to La Nouba
I think you will have time to make it, just hope you are seated early at Le Cellar. From Le Cellier to the EPCOT parking lot about 30 minutes.

On both cases I would wear my Nikes.

Nansafan

The Fantasmic theater is quite large and depending on where you are sitting, it can easily take 10 minutes just to get out the the theater area to the exit. You can only walk as fast as the crowd in front of you.
Then you have to factor in waiting in line at the parking tram to even get to your car. The parking lots are huge (why they have trams). You are correct, once you park at the MK lot, you must take either the ferry or the monorail over to the park. Either of which might require a 10 minute wait to arrive. You don't say how many are in your party or their ages. Even running, catching the parking tram immediately, driving fast, parking at the MK (which might require a tram ride to the TTC), catching the monorail right away, I don't think you will make it.

LeCellier is in the World Showcase portion of Epcot. You must first walk through Future World to get to the gate and then to your car. This could easily take a minimum of 10 minutes. They have made some changes to the dining reservations since last we went so I'd check the ADR policy. It used to be that you were seated within 10 minutes of your ADR time. If you arrived earlier, you just waited longer. Check to make sure they will seat you earlier if you arrive earlier.

To summarize, I don't believe that #1 is possible especially during spring break times where crowd levels are higher.

#2 is going to be tight.

Google map times are based on optimal conditions. Just driving through parking lots can take a few minutes. You need to leave a few minutes for getting turned around as it sometimes can be a challenge getting around WDW property. If you miss an exit, it is not like you can go to the next corner and come back. The next turn off may be quite a bit away.

100 Acre HS

you better be prepared to leave when the showboat comes out towards the end.
I would just like to point out, that with few exceptions it is not appropriate to stand and leave before the show is done. It is rude to the other guests, and it is an insult to the cast and crew. It is a 30 minute show, if you can't commit to it, come at another time.:fork:

CAPTAIN HOOK

#1 - On Sunday we will be spending the first part of our day at DHS then going to MK for EMH. We will be watching Fantasmic at 8:30. Is it even remotely possible for us to make it to Main Street @ MK in time for the fireworks at 10pm?

#2 - We have an ADR at Le Cellier @ 6:50pm on Tuesday. We also have tickets for the 9:00 La Nouba show @ DTD. Can we make it to La Nouba and be seated in time?

Sorry to be the pesimist here - but I think you're going to be struggling with both.

#1 - Fantasmic runs 20-25 mins. You've then got 10 mins to exit the park to the tram. The next bit depends on how soon the tram leaves (assuming one is sat waiting for you to board) and where your car is situated in the parking lots. You then have to exit the parks with all the other traffic. Once you arrive at MK you'll have to park, wait for a tram to the TTC and then catch the next monorail.
I don't think that is possible in the time you've allowed.

#2 This all depends on how fast you're prepared to throw your food down your throats. Contrary to the above - the exit from EPCOT will be easier as you're not leaving at park closing but you still have to get to your car and drive to DTD (thats the easy bit). Harder will be finding a parking spot. To allow time to park your car and walk to La Nouba you're going to have to rush your meal :hurl:

mcstensrud

To add to the above post,
I also think it would be rude to enter La Nouba after it has started.
You may have to wait until an act has ended.

DougK

I would just like to point out, that with few exceptions it is not appropriate to stand and leave before the show is done. It is rude to the other guests, and it is an insult to the cast and crew. It is a 30 minute show, if you can't commit to it, come at another time.:fork:

Wow, then they are insulted EVERY show because there are ALWAYS people leaving before it is over.

By the way I don't disagree with your post I am just pointing out the reality of the situation. Honestly I have never understood why people make a show like Fantastmic! a big part of their WDW experience, then leave before it is over! That never made any sense to me, barring an emergency or child problem of course. But just to beat traffic? Geez you're on VACATION! Enjoy yourself!

jessiepezz

I agree with the above posters, may i make one additional recommendation? I would suggest changing your ADR from Le Cellier to someplace in the La Nouba area, such as Wolfgang Pucks or House or Blues, or something else in strolling distance. To maximize your enjoyment, you need to minimize some of these added stressers. It's jut not worth the hassle to run around like a maniac. :D

michelle_sydney

I would suggest sitting in the back of the theater for Fantasmic. That way as soon as the show is over you can zip on out of there. Also sit on the end of the row so you won't be tripping over people. If you are one of the first ones out you can move pretty fast. I would suggest walking fast and almost running and then you might make it.

If you find a parking spot right away you might be able to make it to all the things you want. Good Luck and have a great trip!

Disney4Eva

It might be a stretch, but I think you could pull off the journey from Fantasmic to Main Street. But, like a few others have said, sit at the back of the theater, try to leave a minute or two early, and walk VERY fast to stay ahead of the sea of people that will be leaving the show.
And yes, once you reach the MK parking lot, you will have to take a short tram ride to the transportation and ticket center, then a monorail or ferryboat to take you to the park. Although I'd reccomend the monorail if you're short on time.
Anyway, if you keep your pace relatively fast in your travels (but not crazy, almost-pull-your-kids'-arms-off-while-pulling-them-along kind of pressured speed), I think you could make it.

Matt71

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the advice.
Our ages are 36,37DW,15DS, 16DD

#1 Fantasmic to MK
This one isn't that big a deal if we can't pull it off, because we will be spending an entire day at MK a few days later and can catch the fireworks then. We don't want to run to anything. What's the view like from the parking lot?

#2 Le Cellier to La Nouba
When we made our ADR, we hadn't planned on La Nouba and didn't realize how tight things would be until after buying our tickets. When we called to change our reservation (an everything was booked) we were told to show up about 25 minutes early and we might be able to get seated earlier.

I'm going to try calling every couple days and hope for a cancellation earlier in the day. If we have to we'll make an ADR elsewhere. Chances are it will be Raglan Road since it is right at DTD, but we'd like to try Ohana or Kona Cafe if we can get in early enough.

Eating at Le Cellier is going to make the DDP worth while, so we'd rather not skip it unless we ca eat somewhere else equally as pricey for 1 TS credit.

Anyway, thanks again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom