Timing question

JonUWStout

Hey Guys and Gals:

I have been reading the forums for a while but first time posting. I just have a question about timing for my upcoming vacation. I am flying out on Monday for WDW and I arrive in Orlando at 8:30pm.

I have never stayed at Carribean Beach or used the Magic Express before so I'm really not sure about timing things to do that night. I would really like to go to Downtown Disney and go to Planet Hollywood for Dinner Monday night and get back to Carribean Beach before the last bus leaves at midnight. Is this possible?

DisneyJoe

Magical Express will get you to CBR between 9:30 and 10pm.

Waiting for and taking Disney transportation to downtown Disney could take another 20-45 minutes.... Or you could just take a taxi.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hey Guys and Gals:

I have been reading the forums for a while but first time posting. I just have a question about timing for my upcoming vacation. I am flying out on Monday for WDW and I arrive in Orlando at 8:30pm.

I have never stayed at Carribean Beach or used the Magic Express before so I'm really not sure about timing things to do that night. I would really like to go to Downtown Disney and go to Planet Hollywood for Dinner Monday night and get back to Carribean Beach before the last bus leaves at midnight. Is this possible?

When you land at MCO, you will need to allow for about 2 - 3 hours total to board the Magical Express and get to the resort and get checked in.

The ME trip alone will be around an hour. Now, the rest of the process could take less time, but there are other variables to consider. The total time required is a function of available ME busses running at that time, how long it takes to check in at CBR and get transported to your room (a good 20 - 30 minute process at CBR, even with online check-in), then to catch the bus to DTD.

I guess, my point is trying to get from CBR to DTD after checkin will be cutting it very tight...in my opinion.

However, it could be done. There are two DTD stops, Marketplace (what you would consider the "first stop" coming from CBR) and Pleasure Island, which is fairly close to Planet Hollywood. The Marketplace busses stop at midnight, but Pleasure Island keeps going until 2a. Planet Hollywood closes at midnight, but I've done a late night dine there (arriving sometime around 11:30, and they didn't rush us out or anything. The bar doesn't close until 12:45a, so they are happy to keep serving you after "closing"...but I wouldn't show up at 12:15 and expect to order food!

Also, if you miss the last bus home, there are generally taxis loitering around at that time, and a cab ride back to CBR is around 20 dollars or so.

Upvote 0

PUSH

First of all, welcome!

I don't have any experience with DME, but the Disney transportation can range anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes. If you're lucky a bus will be there waiting for you to hop on, but it's more likely to have a wait. The wait can vary depending on when the last bus left. As stated above, taxis are an option, too.

PS- UW-Stout, huh? I know some people who went there and are going there! :)

Upvote 0

JonUWStout

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick replies. I am a former cast member at WDW so I hope I can offer something of use to the boards! Having said that there are things (like magic express and certain resorts) that I dont have experience with. I hadn't realized that the Pleasure Island bus still ran that late. I assumed since pleasure island is closed that bus wouldnt be there. I would feel a little more comfortable about it now. I will still play it by ear and if I dont think I can do it I just wont go.

PUSH: Yes..Im a Stout Alumni :) LOVED the school. Still live in WI.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thanks for the quick replies. I am a former cast member at WDW so I hope I can offer something of use to the boards! Having said that there are things (like magic express and certain resorts) that I dont have experience with. I hadn't realized that the Pleasure Island bus still ran that late. I assumed since pleasure island is closed that bus wouldnt be there. I would feel a little more comfortable about it now. I will still play it by ear and if I dont think I can do it I just wont go.

PUSH: Yes..Im a Stout Alumni :) LOVED the school. Still live in WI.

Well, they were still running the 2a busses when I was there in August. I'm not sure if they run them year round.

And, their website (if you can trust that!) still says they are running from DTD until 2a.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/

I've also done a taxi from there before, in 2011. They shouldn't be hard to find.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
This is where I always chime in and suggest renting a car. You drop a little extra coin, but you gain a lot of extra time.

Welcome!!

Upvote 0

JonUWStout

Original Poster
englanddg: thanks for the link! I have a hard time finding anything on that new website. I hope I can trust the website but I will either call or chat with a cast member tomorrow just to double check that the information is correct. All I see on other sites is midnight for buses to DD. I can let you guys know what they say.

shookie: I would LOVE to rent a car but I have an issue that I am from a very small town (less than 10,000 people). I am really not used to driving in a lot of traffic like I would run into in Orlando. That, and not exactly knowing where Im going has caused me panic attacks while driving down there in the past. I have a few friends who live down there and if I leave property I will most likely be with them. It just worked out easier to stay on property this time. Having lived down there before I know the Lynx system pretty well also if I need to get anywhere off property.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom