Timekeeper to POTC?

Dr Albert Falls

Original Poster
A thought just hit me. I wonder if there's any chance Disney will relocate the Timekeeper animatronic to the new Pirates of the Caribbean?

Disney has relocated animatronics in the past. At DL, a few of the "America Sings" geese became droids at "Star Tours", and of course, the rest of the cast was sent to Splash Mountain. In the late 90's, several of the old EPCOT "World of Motion" figures were added to the DL version of "Pirates".

I've heard that the DL Pirate auctioneer is re-built every few years with the latest animatronic technology. His fluid movements make the WDW auctioneer look like, well, a robot.

Timekeeper might me a little too short to fill the auctioneer's shoes, but perhaps they're planning to use him as a Barbosa or Jack Sparrow. That would definitely save them $$$, while also giving Pirates a state-of-the-art animatronic.

daguru

Connor002 said:
More rumors point to Timekeeper being sent over to Innoventions, but a rumor is a rumor...

Hey now...don't tease..... But I would love to see Timekeeper and his time machine over at Innoventions, but don't tease.....:( :cry:

NoNoNoNoNo

Dr Albert Falls said:
A thought just hit me. I wonder if there's any chance Disney will relocate the Timekeeper animatronic to the new Pirates of the Caribbean?

Disney has relocated animatronics in the past. At DL, a few of the "America Sings" geese became droids at "Star Tours", and of course, the rest of the cast was sent to Splash Mountain. In the late 90's, several of the old EPCOT "World of Motion" figures were added to the DL version of "Pirates".

I've heard that the DL Pirate auctioneer is re-built every few years with the latest animatronic technology. His fluid movements make the WDW auctioneer look like, well, a robot.

Timekeeper might me a little too short to fill the auctioneer's shoes, but perhaps they're planning to use him as a Barbosa or Jack Sparrow. That would definitely save them $$$, while also giving Pirates a state-of-the-art animatronic.

they should just put in a new america sings and dump COP!

daguru

Aren't we a little off topic...we started with Pirates and Timekeeper, now we are discussing CoP....that's another thread....:zipit:

DisneyJill

Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles dont like cop or timekeeper. Mr.Pickles thinks the animatroinc should be destroyed, and to start anew.

Why is Mr. Pickles referring to himself in the 3rd person? :lookaroun

:wave:

Buried20KLeague

If you use the search feature, you'll find a couple discussions on this. I tossed it out there a few weeks ago. General consensus was that it was possible, but that it'd be kinda tough to track and find out if it even happened.

Connor002

Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles thinks the animatroinc should be destroyed, and to start anew.

Mr. Pickles obviously does not know that AAs cost money, and a lot at that. Destroying one for no reason is like buying a brand new Ferrari and then pushing it off a cliff.

Not to mention that Mr. Pickles is annoying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom