Timekeeper -- replacment

Lauriebar

This subject has been discussed on a previous thread and as I recall there were some very interesting ideas.

Someone suggested keeping the time traveling theme and circle-vision, but adding chairs that move automatically with the story( kind of like the vitual reality chairs in the post show at TT.

I really think that time travel is an excellent concept for Tomorrowland and should be kept, just update it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
DisneylandDude said:
Maybe They'll put in a new 360 flick!.....

the new film could be ...........*clears throat*, "Walt Disney World presents a Michael Eisner 365 degree production of "Eisners Ego" in technocolor."

but then again, his is so big you would need about 420 degrees.

oh well, back to the drawing boards.

Computer Magic

speck76 said:
What, and take a pay cut?
**Note to self** "Checks off working for Disney as a career goal :cry:

Wait, with Eisner leaving and Iger already making foolish remarks, Maybe there is some hope I can become CEO. That's were the money is at. :sohappy:

back to the thread: I also hope they keep something in 360.

Lee

Adventurer
speck76 said:
What, and take a pay cut?

C'mon Brad, that's a great idea!
You take the President job, I'll take VP.
We'll make Grizz Seargent at Arms....Rob can be...um...court jester? :D

Computer Magic

Lee said:
C'mon Brad, that's a great idea!
You take the President job, I'll take VP.
We'll make Grizz Seargent at Arms....Rob can be...um...court jester? :D
I'm too late, wait I can be Chairman of the Board. That's even better, I'll be the puppet but I will have CEO hand up my..... at least I'll still be paid well. :sohappy:

brisem

General Grizz said:
The only rumor I heard involves a flying-saucer/bumper car-esque ride featuring alien creates from Toy Story.

."

Sounds like it should be in Dino Land with the rest of the carnival attractions.

General Grizz

brisem said:
Sounds like it should be in Dino Land with the rest of the carnival attractions.
Why not? With Speck at the controls, we can turn Innoventions into Midway Mania. :lookaroun :p

(CRAP. I think I just gave management an idea they'd consider.)

speck76

General Grizz said:
Why not? With Speck at the controls, we can turn Innoventions into Midway Mania. :lookaroun :p

(CRAP. I think I just gave management an idea they'd consider.)

ahhh....I LIKE Innoventions.

Shaman

Forget gift shops and meet and greets...thats too expensive...lets just gut it...and use it as small convention/special occasions space (very cost efficient)...its basically seizing the future with very little xs....:lookaroun

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Timekeeper said:
I have not yet heard any discussion of this idea...

How about combining the Timekeeper theater space with the current Buzz attraction to either 1) make Buzz longer/better, or 2) have much more space available for whenever Buzz is ready to be replaced (the new attraction would be housed in the combined - larger building.)

Of course, I think they should keep the circlevision theme and either 1) make it 3D or 2) combine it with a motion simulator type technology.

Timekeeper

Now that's a good idea....what they should do is ditch the Omnimover ride system and do something like MIB Alien Attack (not to mention getting rid of those hideous cardboard cutouts).

waltdisny

I heard from a very reliable source it will be a Disney Channel meet and greet. You will enter through the present exit doors, and the queue area will be in the 360 chamber. There will be a continous Disney Channel preview loop going on the 360 screens.

The Timekeeper AA will still be there, only he's going to have a make-over so he'll now look like "Beans" from Even-Stevens. So for two hours, while you wait to meet the Mowery Twins, Beans will entertain you by asking "Do you like bacon?" over and over and over.:eek:

joel_maxwell

well, since it is "tomorrowland" and space travel is a common theme, this maybe over kill, but possible a circlevision film on mars, space travel or maybe the solar system. you could still keep the timekeeper AA and make into something else.

bumper flying saucers is just weak. i mean plain weak. i think that timekeeper would be more popular.

Tim G

objr said:
Forget gift shops and meet and greets...thats too expensive...lets just gut it...and use it as small convention/special occasions space (very cost efficient)...its basically seizing the future with very little xs....:lookaroun
Ok... In that case, they'll design a Giant Indoor Maze (G.I.M.)

joel_maxwell

im curious, how many "meet and greets" does MK have already. they are going to be one obviouly right over at the old 20K. just curious.

Avenger23

Maybe they can put a ride in that demonstrates teleportation, and something goes really wrong and a large alien gets sent into the chamber and..

...ah never mind no one would like that

Legacy

Probably the best idea (besides the Churro factory) is just saving the space for expansion. I know that would mean another empty building... but I think it just might be better for the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom