Timekeeper Replacement

Tim G

All I know is... That it seems to have something to do with little people from Mars... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Corrus said:
Mars...
Green people..
Green men....
Does that ring a bell??? :D

Well Corrus, I may not like pixar tie-ins but Thank God its not a Monsters Inc. ride...I would say Green men from mars are better. I can rest alittle easier now.

imagineer boy

hakunamatata said:
Buzz Lightyear really should be in Fantasy Land since technically the story is about a bunch of toys, not a futuristic time and/or land.

Well, if it included Woody and the gang, sure. But haveing a space toy ride in space ships shooting lasers at aliens is a little out of place with the fairy tale Eurpoean theme of Fantaseyland.

As for Timekeeper, I don't care if its Monster's Inc., Little Green Men, Wilbur Robinson or whatever, just NO DISNEY CHARACTER BASED ATTRACTIONS PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can't Disney just do something new and inventive like they used to?

imagineer boy said:
Well, if it included Woody and the gang, sure. But haveing a space toy ride in space ships shooting lasers at aliens is a little out of place with the fairy tale Eurpoean theme of Fantaseyland.

As for Timekeeper, I don't care if its Monster's Inc., Little Green Men, Wilbur Robinson or whatever, just NO DISNEY CHARACTER BASED ATTRACTIONS PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can't Disney just do something new and inventive like they used to?

Please send your comments to Disney and John Lasseter. It is the only way to bring about the changes we want!

Tahu said:
Wilbur Robinson is about time travel AND the film will use Great Big Beautiful Tommorow(performed by They Might Be Giants)

WHOA! Are you serious about the Great Big Beautiful Tommorow theme??? Is that confirmed? :eek:

imagineer boy

Ghostbuster626 said:
Please send your comments to Disney and John Lasseter. It is the only way to bring about the changes we want!

I would if I had his E-mail. Although, I'm sure he'd be too busy to respond or even be concerned about my letter.

gfydady

Corrus said:
All I know is... That it seems to have something to do with little people from Mars... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

You mean this is where there going to put the Harry Potter and the Goblet of the Future attraction...

:lol:

Eviltom

Thoughts

Hmm. I think that Monsters Inc. and anything with Pixar is more fit going into MGM since they already have meet Sully and other Pixar related things there. As far as a replacement goes, most likely it would be another theater type movie attraction. I wouldn't mind seeing a movie attraction related to Atlantis or 20,000 Leagus Under The Sea. I also like the idea of an original attraction. But hey, you never know what may happen.

tirian

All that I've heard leans toward an LGM attraction, although the hints have been so ambiguous that I can't confirm anything. Imagineers are often so excited about their projects that they strongly hint at things without actually violating their nondisclosure contracts; for example, I've known about PotC for months because a couple of Imagineers dropped so many hints that all I had to do was easily fill in the blanks. Yet I didn't directly confirm it online because I, too, am a CM and subject to the same nondisclosure statement...

...which is why I don't believe the Monsters, Inc. rumor. Imagineers may hint at something, but they can't freely share information unless they're allowed to do so. Furthermore, the rumor itself makes me suspicious because Helen...well, I'll just say that information regarding Helen is incorrect and the general nomenclature is wrong. Perhaps the entertainment department has changed some character integrity guidelines since the Incredibles meet-and-greet opened, but...

tirian said:
All that I've heard leans toward an LGM attraction, although the hints have been so ambiguous that I can't confirm anything. Imagineers are often so excited about their projects that they strongly hint at things without actually violating their nondisclosure contracts; for example, I've known about PotC for months because a couple of Imagineers dropped so many hints that all I had to do was easily fill in the blanks. Yet I didn't directly confirm it online because I, too, am a CM and subject to the same nondisclosure statement...

I get your point but concerning the POTC redo..to be fair Jim Hill and Al Lutz told everyone on the internet about it over a year ago.

tirian

You're right; I should have pointed out that although rumors were online, I knew that it was actually happening because Imagineers creatively confirmed it for me. (Of course, Al is usually right about everything because he actually knows a lot of people in the trenches!)

Thank you, though, for getting the point and saying so instead of just pointing out that rumors were flying around online and completely missing the meaning. :)

Huck

TTATraveler said:
Right, but the Tomorrowland Speedway doesn't meet that slogan. Perhaps if they were flying cars it would be a bit different. Buzz Lightyear is a cool attraction, but again doesn't fit that slogan either.

WDI really isn't following its slogan to heart. I suppose Stitch fits, but it is weak compared to AE, not that I was a huge fan of AE either.

No question that Tomorrowland is currently a mess, but I was just commenting on that "Retrofuturistic" feeling. The retro aspect was planned, the mess it is now was not planned and the lack of planning is the current problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom