Timekeeper Reopened

General Grizz

Original Poster
Apparently, the Timekeeper has reopened, according to a Cast Member. WDWInfo (telephone service) has no recorded information on this itself...however - if anyone has visted or is visiting the park, and Timekeeper has indeed opened, it would be thoroughly appreciated if you can take a look at your Times Guide and post what it says. Thanks!! :)

Sean23

I was at the MK on tuesday and it was not open and listed as temporarily closed on the insert. I hope it is open this weekend.

grumpyny

Does anyone know if it will be open August 19th? Our family loves it, but haven't seen it in a couple of years because it's always closed when we are there.

I hope it's open!!!!

Only 38 days left :sohappy:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Sorry to say, but CoP will be closed the 16th...and if TK Is open, it will most likely close on the 16th also. But wish upon a star...and tell Guest Relations!! That way they may be able to help your situation in the visits to come. :)

dxwwf3

Well let's certainly hope that The Timekeeper will be open during my visit in two weeks. It would be great to have the two best shows in the Magic Kingdom open side to side (Alien Encounter and The Timekeeper). And of course we always look forward to Carousel of Progress.

JLW11Hi

I love the Timekeeper...I swear, its the best use of the 360 theater I have seen, and yet they keep it closed while others stay open in Epcot all the time! Of course, Epcot needs that, especially since they are basically the only attractions some countries sponsor in WS. Whats the big deal? IT can't cost that much to keep it open, can it? There's a few animatronics and the rest is just film!

pjammer

After reading this I went to Kingdom today to see if Timekeeper was open and no :( It is still closed and I doubt to see it open this summer

dxwwf3

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
I love the Timekeeper...I swear, its the best use of the 360 theater I have seen, and yet they keep it closed while others stay open in Epcot all the time! Of course, Epcot needs that, especially since they are basically the only attractions some countries sponsor in WS. Whats the big deal? IT can't cost that much to keep it open, can it? There's a few animatronics and the rest is just film!

No Kidding!!! And it's also a great air conditioned place to stay out of the heat. It also is truely one of the funniest things in WDW. It just doesn't make sense to me. It seems like if they just HAD to close something in Tomorrowland for cost you would think they would close the Astro Orbitor. I mean Dumbo and the Magic Carpets are in the same park. But of course you can NEVER have enough spinners :hammer:

surfsupdon

Never ridden Timekeeper, but I will def this upcoming trip b/c of all the support for it on these forums, and I am ready to give it a try, sounds good and fun. I'm sure it will be open Christmas/New Years week, haha--a plus for going jam packed times!:xmas:

General Grizz

Original Poster
I agree. Timekeeper is the *definite* Tomorrowland attraction. Of all time, in my opinion.

As for it not being opened, I feel awful! This information came from a Cast Member...but I really appreciate you going out there. I'm sure it wasn't too bad going out, now was it? :animwink: :p

pjammer

No the parks wheren't that crowded and I rode CoP 10 times :) to make up for Timekeeper not being open. I want to be sure that CoP gets high counts so maybe Disney will reconsider closing it...although I doubt it would have much effect.

meanmice

I have never ridden TimeKeeper. To be quite honest, my family and I didn't know that it existed until I discovered this site. It's not in the best of locations. I would like to see it if it will be open when it comes time for my tris in 17 days

dxwwf3

Originally posted by pjammer
No the parks wheren't that crowded and I rode CoP 10 times :) to make up for Timekeeper not being open. I want to be sure that CoP gets high counts so maybe Disney will reconsider closing it...although I doubt it would have much effect.

I will be following you're example on my next trip in a couple of weeks. I will try my best to spend one full day riding nothing but Timekeeper (if open. PLEASE :) ), Carousel of Progress but especially Alien Encounter. Hey sometimes actions speek louder than words :lol: I definately think that these three shows are worth saving by any means necessary :drevil:

pjammer

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
How was CoP, btw? Crowds and quality? :D

THANKS! :)

CoP was magnificent, as usual. The quality actually seemed better than last time I was on, I believe that was in spring. Last time I had trouble hearing some of the audio, not this time. However, it did stop once during the middle of a rotation and they had trouble restarting the show. But fortunatly I was at the end anyway so I just saw the christmas scene loop over again and didn't miss any of the show. The theater itself was not that crowded though.

And BTW you watch Timekeeper, not ride it. I know it really doesn't make a differnce but I had to correct. Sorry!!

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by EvilMortimer
I was at WDW recently on the 4th of July. TK was closed. If it wasn't open then, I doubt it's open now.

Considering people on this site have seen this show this summer, it clearly is open on select days.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by pjammer
The theater itself was not that crowded though.

What time of day were you there?

You know, if this was mid-day, (after 1PM), I'd be kinda concerned...because it is extremely different for practically each day! :lol:

This is what Disney needs to do. On the map. Everyone knows that Buzz Lightyear is on the map...(I think he still is...) - they should dedicate one of those little boxes to the Carousel of Progress with information on what the show is, where it is located, and a picture. It is one of the most historical Disney attractions of all time, after all! :) - oh, and not to mention a necessital need in Tomorrowland to get away from "Outer Space" but to deal with the essence of the "Future" itself. :)

And perhaps mark the 'Walt Disney Classics' (the attractions Walt worked on or loved) - and CoP can get some special treatment.

The same thing happened with the Country Bear Playhouse at Disneyland. It was hidden in the corner of Critter Country. Most families in Tomorrowland will head for (usually) either Space Mountain, Alien Encounter, or Buzz Lightyear. And 'Progress' is not a dominant attraction on the way. And it could be true that, with Timekeeper, people look the opposite way (at Alien Encounter) or the Astro Orbiter (it moves...it was suppost to be an attraction-getter).

It needs advertisment...and I hope to see neither close without an attempt - and a sign that they care.

TK and CoP are treasures. They don't have noisy laser cannons shooting off...nor ear-piercing noises. They refrain from fast thrills, but they merit in a showcase of the world, the family, technology, history, and the promise of tomorrow. The main reason for the Magic Kingdom being the most popular theme park is the diverse amount of attractions for different guests. Carousel of Progress and Timekeeper are traditional attractions, attractions that seem just to not be built anymore, that have only been increased in quality and entertainment. I believe it is in Disney's best interest to keep both attractions - unless a better idea for Circle Vision comes along that doesn't involve a giant queue area ... or meet and greet ;).

And I thank the Walt Disney Company graciously for reopening Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress this summer - and I hope Timekeeper may reopen and continue to inspire guests! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom