Timekeeper Queue To Become A Shop?

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
I wouldn't worry too much about this rumor...Shop or TK? The shop doesn't have a chance. Since there's Merchant of Venus, and Star Traders. It'll never work.

I certainly hope you are right. But they way they are operating TK (it wasn't even open this summer) I really wouldn't be surprised. And you know that Disney is going to want to have a new shop as opposed to either the TK or a new show. But like I said I personally hope that Disney wouldn't screw this up and I hope you are right.

Defend10

Well, this may make some of you go nuts, but too late. Timekeeper's queue is being used as a shop while Mickey's Star Traders is in rehab. The attraction is still very much open, you just have to walk in through all the Star Traders merchandise to see it.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Originally posted by Defend10
Well, this may make some of you go nuts, but too late. Timekeeper's queue is being used as a shop while Mickey's Star Traders is in rehab. The attraction is still very much open, you just have to walk in through all the Star Traders merchandise to see it.

Oh my goodness! You've got to be kidding. I've heard of having to go to a gift shop after an attraction but before? Man how odd is a gift shop going to look in that room? This is really weird.

raven

Originally posted by Defend10

Post picture! Post picture! :sohappy:

Djali999

everyone relax!!!!

....it's temporary. honest! =)

since MST and MoV will be closed for a few months, rather than 'displace' all those CMs Disney has elected to install a temporary shopping area in that district.

the main reason for this is that MST offered things like medication and (real) clothing (and hats... big sellers in the morning), and we don't want irate guests. as far as we've all been told (we all including managers), MST will be back in its' proper home by April.

Sunpist24

TK shop

So kids, i hate to break it to you, TimeKeeper pre-show being a shop is not just a rumor, it has already happened. I work in tomorrowland...and i know this for a fact because i've seen it with my own eyes, and it is NOT pretty. Also for all of you Stitch Escape haters...learn to hate it even more because Not only will chamber B exit into a gift shop ( Merchants of Venus) chamber a will as well....Mickey's Star Traders is currently cloased for refurbishment to add the exit. Sorry guys.

raven

Re: space mountain

Originally posted by DispatchInhibit
i mainly work at space mountain, but i do know other attractions in tomorrowland as well. :p

Uh oh! Be careful. There is a thread going on here about a mean CM at Space Mountain. :zipit:

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Re: TK shop

Originally posted by Sunpist24
Also for all of you Stitch Escape haters...learn to hate it even more because Not only will chamber B exit into a gift shop ( Merchants of Venus) chamber a will as well....Mickey's Star Traders is currently cloased for refurbishment to add the exit. Sorry guys.

Don't worry. I can't hate Stitch's Great Escape any more than I do now :lol:

I am really interested to see how they are going to change the chamber A exit. Mainly because it used to put you out at the front of TL. I'm sure it's going to be easier than what I'm thinking.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by dxwwf3
I'm just glad I'm not a hardcore Tomorrowland fan, because I think Tomorrowland is dying :(

well, i WAS a pretty hardcore TL fan, until they changed the music. i really think the music MADE the place, along with all the colors at night. i mean, the music they have now is ok, and it's not extremely out of place, but the other fit so much better, i think. i miss it :(

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
well, i WAS a pretty hardcore TL fan, until they changed the music. i really think the music MADE the place, along with all the colors at night. i mean, the music they have now is ok, and it's not extremely out of place, but the other fit so much better, i think. i miss it :(

Ah was 1995 really that long ago? Everything about Tomorrowland was perfect to me. You've got my all time favorite Alien Encounter in the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, a new, fresh Timekeeper show in the Metropolis Science Center, TTA changeover, Astro Orbitor, and of course the Tomorrowland Metro-Retro Sociey that sponsored Take Flight and Carousel of Progress. They made the New Tomorrowland "a city of Tomorrow" and it had that feel to it. Now I just don't know. It just doesn't feel right. Even if AE was still there, I think the mood and the feel of TL has changed. This just really saddens me.

I know not everyone liked AE but to those that didn't like it at least say it fit the theme of the New Tomorrowland. And that it gave the land a special "feel" to it.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this but I just feel really bad about the state of Tomorrowland and the MK overall.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Ah was 1995 really that long ago? Everything about Tomorrowland was perfect to me. You've got my all time favorite Alien Encounter in the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, a new, fresh Timekeeper show in the Metropolis Science Center, TTA changeover, Astro Orbitor, and of course the Tomorrowland Metro-Retro Sociey that sponsored Take Flight and Carousel of Progress. They made the New Tomorrowland "a city of Tomorrow" and it had that feel to it. Now I just don't know. It just doesn't feel right. Even if AE was still there, I think the mood and the feel of TL has changed. This just really saddens me.

I know not everyone liked AE but to those that didn't like it at least say it fit the theme of the New Tomorrowland. And that it gave the land a special "feel" to it.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this but I just feel really bad about the state of Tomorrowland and the MK overall.

amazing how time flys, isn't it? actually, now that i think about it, i'm amazed that TL still looks 'futuristic', and that no one has complained that it looks 'outdated' yet. things seem to become 'outdated' a lot quicker these days.

no, i agree with you. i never did AE (i was always too scared to) but it really did give TL a certain 'feel'. and that was really the thing...no other attraction in WDW was THAT intense when it first opened. of course, then came ToT and RnRC. but still, it remained the most intense attraction at MK. sure you had Space Mtn. and all, but, to me, AE seemed like the 'real' thill ride, ya know? something that would get my heart thumpin, something that could REALLY give me some nightmares! i think it really made TL 'grown-up', but it was still something kids could enjoy, like a good PG-13 movie. like i said, i never did it, but that's just kind of how i imagine it to be.

but i agree, the future of TL doesn't look extremely good right now. but we'll see, i guess.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Guys you may totally disagree with me but I think this looks about as cheap and sad as it gets. Why couldn't they just put up merchandise carts outside the attraction? Maybe I'm being a little old fashoned but I envision Disney as being above something like this. Crap why not use the Alien Encounter queue area to sell stuff, just don't do it in the queue of an OPEN attraction.

General Grizz

:eek:

A SHOP IN A QUEUE AREA?!?!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAOROFL!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry. I thought the exit was enough. But...FWAH! This is so funny.

Anyway, it DOES look cheap, but I wonder if it will increase Timekeeper attendance.

REQUESTS:
  • CAST MEMBERS: How is attendance doing now with the shop?
  • PHOTOS REQUESTED!!

Djali999

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
CAST MEMBERS: How is attendance doing now with the shop?

the shop doesn't actually look too bad, and is quite small. just some points of interest:

- although called "Mickey's Star Traders", it's actually mostly got stuff from Merchant in it. I suspect it has the medications too, although I haven't been behind the cash wrap yet so I can't say for sure.

- a LOT of the stuff from Star Traders got moved into Merchant, and the place is like some kind of mob scene in there now. imagine the number of people in MST on an average day crammed into Merchant. I walked in, looked for a second, then beat a hasty retreat.

- there's enough room in the Timekeeper quere to have moved some of the stuff over, but obviously an utter lack of common sense prevailed. at the very least MST fills the Timekeeper quere much better than the 10 or 15 people per show the thing was drawing. :p

it's really not that bad. when I return to work I'll see if I can't get ahold of some of the sales sheets to see how we're moving stuff, Grizz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom