Timekeeper Queue To Become A Shop?

dxwwf3

Original Poster
I searched for this and didn't find anything so I figured I'd post this.

I stumbled upon a new rumor on Fabulous Disney Babe that because of the soon to be Stitch invaction of Merchant of Venus ( cough...cough...:hurl:. Sorry :lol: ) there might be some changes over at Timekeeper. Of course this is just a rumor but if this comes true the downfall of Tomorrowland will be nearing completion. Then all they would have to do is tear down Carousel of Progress and then they could offically change the name of Tomorrowland to "Fantasyland East". Here's the link:

http://www.fabulousdisneybabe.com/fab/articles/showArticles.asp?ID=65

Again take this with a huge grain of salt because it is only a rumor but this wouldn't surprise me in the least.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
I guess I should also mention that she doesn't think the attraction would close for good but really why would Disney re open the attraction? I just don't see how this could happen without a total replacement.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I read that. I would absolutely go nuts if TK was turned to a gift shop.

(And trust me, if I'm nuts now, what will I be then?? :D :lookaroun )

Well I guess you can look at it this way grizz. If they fill Merchant of Venus with wall to wall Stitch, where in the world will they put the "Hottie" t-shirts and tags? Where else could you get feather boas and midriff bearing pre teen shirts?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

raven

Being that there are only 7 attractions in Tomorrowland and currently 3 are closed, they need to do something fast about something or Tomorrowland will only be a street with shops.

maxime29

Premium Member
I hope this doesn't happen. Isn't there nothing but junk in the other shops next to AE? Hopefully they will leave the circlevision building (including the quere) alone, and this will remain as JUST a sketchy rumor.

Woody13

Originally posted by raven
Being that there are only 7 attractions in Tomorrowland and currently 3 are closed, they need to do something fast about something or Tomorrowland will only be a street with shops.

Have you been getting inside information from Corrus? :lol:

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Well I guess you can look at it this way grizz. If they fill Merchant of Venus with wall to wall Stitch, where in the world will they put the "Hottie" t-shirts and tags? Where else could you get feather boas and midriff bearing pre teen shirts?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why DO they sell that kind of stuff in TL anyway? i've never figured that out. i can half way understand the 'futuristic' type furniture/lamps (whatever it is they have in there) but i just don't get the feather boas and pre-teen clothing. :confused: as if there's not enough malls in the world filled with that kind of stuff!

but back to attractions...is it just me, or is TL losing it's originality fast?

and i don't understand why'd they turn just the queue of TK into a shop...i think the whole circle vision area would make for a better shopping experience. BUT, i don't hope for that...i hope they'll put another attraction in there. but i really don't look for one anytime too soon.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
but back to attractions...is it just me, or is TL losing it's originality fast?

As far as I'm concerned the day that either Timekeeper or Carousel of Progress closes for good and they are replaced with some kiddie ride (for instance a little green men saucer ride), Tomorrowland is dead. And yes DL's Tomorrowland is in bad shape also. I think it's a shame that Rocket Rods and Alien Encounter are both closed. I never got to ride Rocket Rods in person but from the internet videos I have seen it looked like a wonderful ride. But I guess if it didn't work, it didn't work.

I'm just glad I'm not a hardcore Tomorrowland fan, because I think Tomorrowland is dying :(

Shaman

Originally posted by dxwwf3
I guess I should also mention that she doesn't think the attraction would close for good but really why would Disney re open the attraction? I just don't see how this could happen without a total replacement.

If TK queue space is used for a gift shop, then I agree, that would mean the end of TK...if queue space is used for a shop, then the rest of TK I suppose could serve as an extension to the Buzz ride....I for one think that while the idea behind of TK is good...the who concept within the attraction is flawed...if TK is replaced I hope the replacement is 100% better not worse...

Then again this is just a rumor...and if you think about it that doesn't make sense...there some space infront of TK around the Fast pass for buzz for a medium sized gift stand...and speaking of tomorrowland what ever happened to the theater rumor....

Poncho1973

First: I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Second: How in the world is Stitch "Fantasyland" material? OK... it's not exactly "tomorrow" but the movies, etc. all revolve around space and things that simply aren't even possible yet (species cloning, advanced genetic tinkering, etc.). How is that even slightly different that the items from "X-S Tech"?

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Originally posted by Poncho1973
Second: How in the world is Stitch "Fantasyland" material? OK... it's not exactly "tomorrow" but the movies, etc. all revolve around space and things that simply aren't even possible yet (species cloning, advanced genetic tinkering, etc.). How is that even slightly different that the items from "X-S Tech"?

Stitch is Fantasyland material simply because it is directed mainly for kids. AE was one of the VERY few things at the MK that was for the teenage and young adult set. With Buzz, Stitch, and possibly the removal of TK and COP (in the future) there will be almost nothing left in Tomorrowland for us older folks specifically.

I guess I can see your argument but I am a firm believer that Disney is all about quality, family entertainment. And yes teenagers are adults are parts of family and there should be things for each group in every park.

Shaman

Originally posted by Poncho1973
How is that even slightly different that the items from "X-S Tech"?

Well...the alien in the AE attraction wasn't exactly, "cute" or "fluffy"...

:lookaroun

Sir Hiss527

I wouldn't worry too much about this rumor...Shop or TK? The shop doesn't have a chance. Since there's Merchant of Venus, and Star Traders. It'll never work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom