Time to eat at Ohana

StephK

Original Poster
Which meal, in peoples opinions, is the best to eat at Ohana, Breakfast or Dinner & why? :)

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Well, 'Ohana only serves breakfast and dinner. They are also very different meals. Breakfast is a character meal with food served family style. Dinner is non-character, but there is some entertainment/fun during the meal and the food is a never ending meat parade.

We've done both and while the service and characters were great when we did breakfast, the food was not. We had to send it back several times and never got a plate of food that was quite right (raw sausage, rock hard potatoes and waffles, undercooked eggs- each time). Dinner has always been pretty good for us and would be our preferred meal of the two. We like to time it so we're finishing up before Wishes so we can head out to the beach or dock to watch/listen.

kap91

Dinner by far. Breakfast, outside of the pineapple bread and cozy ambience is pretty standard fare. Dinner is an experience. So much food, so many delicious things that you probably don't get at home, a giant fire grill, really it's worth every penny.

lunchbox1175

Dinner, the breakfast food is just average. I love Mickey Waffles, but you can get them at other places and spend less money. Also, the breakfast seems very rushed, the last two times that we have done the breakfast, the characters started coming to our table right as we sat down, i didn't even have time to take my coat off and had to start digging for my camera before i sat. It seems like they really try to get people in and out in the morning, dinner seems much more relaxed.

lostpro9het

IMO, having done each about 6 times, 60/40 Breakfast/Dinner. Some things that make this decision for us are:

Value of the price vs. food you get. IMO this favors breakfast.
Check in wait time: IMO, this favors breakfast. We've never had to wait longer than 5 minutes past our ADR time for breakfast but have never been in before 15 after our ADR time for dinner.
Character experience: Obviously this favors breakfast
Ambiance: This favors dinner, especially if you go after sunset.
Food variety: Slightly favors Dinner. Most all of the breakfast items can be had elsewhere.
Feeling of being rushed: IMO, this favors breakfast. We've never felt like we had time to enjoy our dinner as the servers were too hasty in bringing all the courses out without us finishing the previous one.

Again, just my opinion but after our last experience in May we probably wont do dinner for a while but already have a breakfast ADR for this May.

lunchbox1175

@lostpro9het brings up a good point, and a previous thread on here somewhere when it comes to "Feeling of being rushed" when it comes to dinner. My advice, don't let the servers rush you, if you are enjoying the appetizer portions, and want to continue to do so, just tell them that you aren't ready for the meats yet. We frequently request seconds on the wings, noodles, and potstickers, and tell our server when we are ready for the next round to be brought out.

Otterhead

Dinner, absolutely. If you can get in later in the evening, they'll dim the lights and you can watch Wishes with the music piped in. Enjoy your potstickers and a Lapu-Lapu!

StephK

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I think I've decided on dinner, I haven't even seen the Poly so that will be exciting enough. Am disappointed I missed that waterfall though :\

harveyt0206

We prefer dinner, but since it is just me and hubby, we don't need to do character dining. O'Hana is just a WDW classic, in my opinion. Always a great time.

righttrack

The best breakfast on property is right nextdoor to Ohana, so we never have eaten breakfast at Ohana. As for dinner, it is a regular stop for us. A family tradition. It's always good. It's like going out for Brazilian with a Polynesian flair.

MotherofaPrincessLover

We had breakfast there our last trip and loved it! The food isn't that varied, but we found it very good. My daughter loves Lilo and Stitch, so that helped also. I guess I don't really like sitting around at meals, so I can't comment on if I felt rushed or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom