Time out of WDW to visit Kissimmee?

dave&di

My DB and I have visited WDW in 2008 and 2010, we are returning in 2012, We are spending 8 days at WDW (GF), and 7 days down the road at The Portofino to visit Universal, IOA, & Seaworld.
I have never visited Old Town Kissimee, what I have seen of it in Travel brochures, I like.
My question is, Is Old Town worth visiting? Whats there? How much time should we allocate to the visit? We don't drive so how easy is it to get there?
Plus I kind of feel I might be wasting time by spending time away from WDW , I want to cram in as much as I can and WDW is precious to me! Would it be easier, more convenient to do it the 2nd week at Uni/IOA?

Thanks for any replies,
Diane.

disney magic 06

To sum it up .... I have realised I want to live in Florida :cry:

Haha yes, that seems like a perfect plan!

How do you get between WDW and Universal with all your luggage? We almost booked a few days at Universal at the beginning of our holiday for this May, but we realised we wouldn't be able to use Magical Express.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I usually have a car, but this trip Im taking my daughters method and getting Disney bus to Disney then a private taxi to transfer to Uni and finally to the airport. The taxi operator is well priced and very helpful.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Original Poster
Haha yes, that seems like a perfect plan!

How do you get between WDW and Universal with all your luggage? We almost booked a few days at Universal at the beginning of our holiday for this May, but we realised we wouldn't be able to use Magical Express.

We use the cabs outside the WDW hotels, I think its MEARS, It comes to roughly $50 - $60 but it convenient and probably the only option I believe.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Original Poster
I usually have a car, but this trip Im taking my daughters method and getting Disney bus to Disney then a private taxi to transfer to Uni and finally to the airport. The taxi operator is well priced and very helpful.

If you don't drive it can be expensive, but its the only way we can get about! After our Uni week we have to get a private cab (organised by tour operator) to take us to Clearwater, plus while there we get another private cab to take us to and from Busch Gardens! This alone came to $200, tip included! Then at the end of the week we get the private cab back to orlando international airport! :dazzle:

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Certainly not cheap is it.

We'd prefer to start at Universal, then move on to Disney. Does anyone know if we could book Magical Express for the return transfer to Orlando Airport? I seem to remember it has to be a 'both ways' booking.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom