Time Keeper will come back.

donaldfan

I worked in Tomorrowland -- COP is not that busy. Again, I like the attraction, and the whole Walt factor, it's just not a popular attraction.

ber4444

Original Poster
Why is everybody crying over Timekeeper and Carosel of Progress.I heard nobody talking about them rides till this was brought up.If Disney is going to close it,Disney is going to close it.You can write all the petions you want,but it is not going to change nothing.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by ber4444
Why is everybody crying over Timekeeper and Carosel of Progress.I heard nobody talking about them rides till this was brought up.If Disney is going to close it,Disney is going to close it.You can write all the petions you want,but it is not going to change nothing.

My sentiments exactly... I've been trying to prepare these people for the inevitable, I hope it works.

ber4444

Original Poster
All I know is that if they put anything crappy in the place of Timekeeper and Carosel of Progress I will go on it once and never go on it again.That is what I did with Tiki Room.

Pioneer Hall

At least with the Tiki Room they didn't destroy the entire attraction. It is still the same building with many of the same characters. They just updated it. It's kind of like what the did to CoP not that long ago (everyone remember that 4 year rehab?). But to get rid of CoP and put in Bumper Cars...that in my opinion is just ridiculous.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by ber4444
Even though it is not likely,I think at the end of summer,I think they will permently close Carosel of Progress,but Give Time Keeper A big rehab.I hope this happens.
:hammer: COP is not closing. I talked to a good friend at WDW and he asked around and told me that the COP will re-open by the Summer season. He also told me that the Time Keeper is closed, and will remain closed. He told me it is very un-likley that Time Keeper will re-open (bad news for Robin Williams). :brick:

NowInc

Re: Re: Time Keeper will come back.

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru

:hammer: COP is not closing. I talked to a good friend at WDW and he asked around and told me that the COP will re-open by the Summer season. He also told me that the Time Keeper is closed, and will remain closed. He told me it is very un-likley that Time Keeper will re-open (bad news for Robin Williams). :brick:

Everyone seems to have a "good friend" who knows someone..

The truth of the matter is...NO ONE except a select FEW know whats going to happen to either ot these. It is called Rumor control, and Disney has been doing it for years...

DisneyWorldGuru

I know that. Disney would not spread it around. I dont know who his friends are but he assured me COP would not close for good. He said that they would not close it untill after the 100 years celebration if thay close it for good.
But for now it will re-open for the summer season.

Pioneer Hall

And of all times they had to do this to. It's a celebration honoring Walt so they close one of the only attractions in WDW that he had something to do with.

Walt148

If they ever close COP for good I will be very, very, very, very mad. It has been my favorite attraction since my first vist to WDW. This is a very important atraction in Disney history in my opinion.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Walt148
If they ever close COP for good I will be very, very, very, very mad. It has been my favorite attraction since my first vist to WDW. This is a very important atraction in Disney history in my opinion.

As it is to many of us. But unfortunately Disney could care less about that. :mad: :(

YoHo

If you think about it, they haven't actually replaced all that many rides at MK.
Epcot is long overdue for replacements, but that's the nature of Futureworld. Although I don't see why they needed to for JII, and I think a Horizons TYPE ride/Show is needed.

YoHo

Ugh didn't read every page (hows that for a newbie)

Personally, I've always thought that Horizons and COP go hand in hand. I still hold out hope for the ultimate new ride that takes the technology/future technology theme to the next level and makes us forget these relics.

I have no faith that this will happen any time soon given the expense of that type of ride however.

Still as to CoP explicitly. It no longer matches the Theme for tomorrowland and thus should be removed. sentimentality should always make way for the SHOW.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by YoHo
If you think about it, they haven't actually replaced all that many rides at MK.
Epcot is long overdue for replacements,

I heard from a friend at Disney that the Canadins are mad at Disney because they feel that O Canada is an insult to all Canadians (now i'm a former Canadian and i don't feel that way). So Disney is considering to replace it with a ride like Soaring Over California.

General Grizz

Soaring over...

Canada! (Canada!) Mon Canada!

Sure...I wouldn't mind as long as the theme song stays, and, of course, it remains as beautiful as it is. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom