Time Keeper will come back.

General Grizz

TimeKeeper opened in 1994, I believe.

Yeah, TimeKeeper is a hilarious show, but still doesn't seem to have any...well...originality and that classic touch. Don't get me wrong - it's a great attraction, but not as good as the WDW Classics.

Bw2002

TImeKeeper is good for what it is. (or Was)
The one thing that I Did not like about the attraction was that you had to STAND. Personally, I wouldnt mind a new attraction there. But I really hope that they dont get rid of Carousel of Progress. They can get rid of its neighboring Galaxy Theater though. (I have never seen them use it)

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Bw2002
TImeKeeper is good for what it is. (or Was)
The one thing that I Did not like about the attraction was that you had to STAND. Personally, I wouldnt mind a new attraction there. But I really hope that they dont get rid of Carousel of Progress. They can get rid of its neighboring Galaxy Theater though. (I have never seen them use it)

I've seen it used sometimes during the afternoon, and it is used during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

bossmsx

Another Dumb question from me:

Is "Timekeeper" in the same location that the other "CircleVision" movies were? (I think it was called Monsanto 360 at some point).

General Grizz

American Journeys or Magic Carpet Around the World were the films that it replaced in the Circle Vision Theater.

Yes, Galaxy Palace should be used...the show isn't too great anyway...

Or the Tomorrowland Arcade...that's a waste of space right there.

Lance

I'm all for change, I would like to see CoP get a new home and not be forgotten forever, but if their is a new attraction to be put in, then let it be done.

I'd rather see CoP go before Timekeeper.

As you guys said, Timekeeper will be short-lived. But if a great new attraction is in the plans, let it be done.

General Grizz

Naw, CoP should stay until plans are finalized for its new location and Disney announces that it will remain open in another location before I go bizurk! :hammer:

lnsemsf

Originally posted by NowInc

As always..its the numbers...

The only "disturbing" thing about this is that timekeeper ISNT that old....in fact..aside from JIYI..this could be the shortest lived attraction ever...

Not that this has anything to do with the topic, but at AK, that Radio Disney boat ride didnt even last a year i dont think. I never went on it during the preview (before it was even themed to Radio Disney) or after the park opened, then it was just totaly gone. That is probibly the shortest lived ever.

Lance

Originally posted by grizzlyhall

Or the Tomorrowland Arcade...that's a waste of space right there.

Whoh whoh, let's not say anything too rash. I like that arcade, heck it's the only arcade in the park!

General Grizz

Hey, don't forget the Shootin' Arcade!

But when it comes to replacing attractions, I believe that CoP should remain over this arcade. Heck, there's one 100x bigger over at Downtown Disney West Side... ;)

Lance

Don't worry, I'm a wizard, only takes me about 20 minutes.

I get a fastpass, get into a short wait line for SM, get out and I still have 15 mins left, so I pop into the arcade and then go on SM again with my fastpass. Their's always a system.

donaldfan

The thing that normally drives attractions changes like COP and Timekeeper are attendance (how many people go on the ride). If a space houses an attraction that is not popular, that typically will go. Why operate something if only 20% of guests are going to experience it? That capital would be better utilized on an attraction that drives attendance to their parks. Sentiment for an attraction is not really a smart way to run a company. Would the typical Disney guest find Horizons or WOM exciting? (Don't get me wrong, I loved both of them.)

I'm sure this is nothing new to anyone, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

ber4444

Original Poster
I completly respect what you guys are saying,but I would not mind seeing Timekeeper or Carosel of Progress go.Unless you gets some seats in Timekeeper.I didn't like Carosel of Progress.Only reason I wouldn't want to see it go is because whatever they come up with to replace it,It is most likly going to be Stupid.The one thing I hate to see happen to rides is to turn them into a greeting area.Just like 20,000 leagues under the see.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by donaldfan
The thing that normally drives attractions changes like COP and Timekeeper are attendance (how many people go on the ride). If a space houses an attraction that is not popular, that typically will go. Why operate something if only 20% of guests are going to experience it? That capital would be better utilized on an attraction that drives attendance to their parks. Sentiment for an attraction is not really a smart way to run a company. Would the typical Disney guest find Horizons or WOM exciting? (Don't get me wrong, I loved both of them.)

I'm sure this is nothing new to anyone, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I'm glad you see thing the logical way... my way. ;) Money is what makes the world go round... if Disney could be making more money with a better attraction in place of Timekeeper & COP, then they are going to definitely put in that better attraction.

Its all about attendance figures, ticket sales, and in the end, money.

General Grizz

I've always seen TimeKeeper empty. I've always popped in, even in hot afternoons, and the show hasn't been very crowded...

However, in reality, CoP's attendance has always been rather high (in non-peak seasons, it may look empty, but quickly gathers up before showtime...you have to be inside the theater to notice!). This is different - I believe the main reason CoP has been closed seasonally is due to expense - it is such a high maintenence attraction and the motor costs so much to operate. Yes, it is still popular and quite well-loved.

Attractions like Horizons (I don't remember WoM being empty) were really reduced in guests visiting...no lines at all. Those are some factors that killed these classics.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Yes, it is still popular and quite well-loved.

There you go, a popular and well-loved attraction may not necessarily be making Disney money. As donaldfan said above, "Sentiment for an attraction is not really a smart way to run a company". I think that is an excellent way to describe the COP situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom