Time Difference Strategies

Colonel Angus

Original Poster
I'll be on Pacific time so 3 hours behind when I fly out to WDW for 10 days. What do you all do to combat the change and take advantage of the mornings? My last trip I failed. I wanted to be up and out of the room 7-8 but it turned into 9-10. I love the mornings but if I feel like I'm getting up for work or earlier, it is hard to get out of bed mentally.

My flight out of L.A. is at 9am so by the time I get to my hotel and everything it'll be just about dinner time in Orlando. I know there will be excitement and whatnot preventing me from going to sleep at essentially 7:00 my body's time. What are some tips and tricks or "hacks" that have worked for you all?

JIMINYCR

I’m tired from not sleeping the night or two before my trip due to excitement and going over my park plans in my mind. I’m tired from worry about getting to the airport and gate on time and worry about the flight getting off on time. So I don’t have a problem sleeping during the flight unless there a cranky baby fussing the entire way. I bring good ear plugs just in case.
When I get to WDW I’m excited about starting off at rope drop so I don’t have a problem getting up on time. But I’d suggest setting an alarm and have a back up one that forces you to get out of bed on the other side of the room to turn it off. Have everything arranged for your morning so it’s setting you up to go. Go outside for a walk around the resort. Make it a priority in your mind that this morning will go the way you want it to and don’t let yourself sleep in.
You do have 10 days so there’s plenty of time to do what you want and build in rest time as well.

Laura

Premium Member
I wouldn’t fight the jet lag. Use it to your advantage. Sleep in, and eat your meals a few hours later than the crowds. Stay till park closing every night, still full of energy, while all the east coasters who have been up since 7 am are fading early and heading to bed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom