Tillman1's Trip Report 4/09/04 thru 04/16/04

To start off I went with 20 Family members and 3 caravan loads.

April 9,2004

We started to load up the cars with luggage at 7pm only to relize we all had too......... much stuff. So we all decide to go threw our bags and take some out.

April 10, 2004

We left upstate n.y at 9:30 pm and arrived at our hotel (Sierra Suites) at 4:00 pm I thought that the timeing was very good considering we had 4 toddlers, 4 children from ages 6-15, and 12 adults. We reached our hotel and decided to get in the pool which was great because when we left N.Y it was like 40 degrees. We then all decided to get to bed early so we can get a good start to MK in the morning.

April 11, 2004 (Easter) MK

When we woke up the next morning we tried to leave at 8:00am but unfortunately we had to return our rental to Budget Rental Car at Orlando's International Airport because the car kept over heating. Finally we left the airport at 1pm and headed for the park and boy oh boy was it crowded so we went to get lunch because we figured there's already lines why not get something to eat and yes well all of course ate turkey legs wow was it so big and delicious um hum I can still taste it. Then we all agreed to get the little one's out the way 1st and did Mickey's Toontown Fair And they enjoyed every minute of it. Next we went to Fantasyland and was only able to do Dumbo, small world, and philharmagic (great show) because every thing else was like 1 hour and 30 minute wait. Next we went to see Cinderellas' surprise celebration and I had to tape it of course. Then off to buz light year which we had fastpasses for (thank God). After buzz it started to rain extremley bad so off to the hotel we went. When we reached the spot where you take the monorail (oh my gosh) was there alot of people it must have been at least a thousand people wanting to leave and get to there cars. Finally we got to the car around 9pm in which we left the park at 6pm. We headed to the hotel to get a head start on the following day to animal kingdom.

April 12, 2004- MGM

O.K we decided not to do animal kingdom beacause it was supposed to rain thunder showers all day till 6pm so.............. we went to MGM (all indoor stuff) which was still great. We left at 9am got there at 9:30 am and the line was already long for those who have tickets. So anyway we got in and went straight for Indiana Jones and caught the 1st show at 10am. Then off to Star tour which had to get a fastpass for and it was at 1:10 pm so we needed something else to do so we went to the famous muppets 3d show which was a hour wait but we decided to wait on line mind you it hasn't rain yet but where having fun. We got in finally at muppets and it was a good show but wasn't as good as philharmagic. By the time we got out of the show we almost missed star tours and had to beg the guy to let us in and explain why we was late. After star tour we ate lunch then off to the backlot tour it was o.k nothing to brag about. Next was the best part of the day the parade. WOW this parade was good and for some reason I think I might like this one better. But there was a worker during the parade who was standing guard of the crosswalk that I had to tell off because she wouldn't let my 3yr. old daughter stand in a little spot to see the characters ( what a B----). Then we took some charater pictures. Then off to something I've been wanting to do for 5months now is to see the Beauty and Beast show Wooooooooooooooow was that a great show and always is (had to tape it). Next was tot and the wait was 2 hours long and it started to get cold so we said other day another time. So we tried The Great Movie Ride which was excellent. Then off to the hotel we went.

April 13, 2004 - Disney Store

We all decide to stay in today. Well not stay in but relax so we went downtown disney for some shopping at the Disney Store. Then we went back to the hotel to grill out and get in the pool.

April 14, 2004- Universal Studios

Wow it was cold and windy outside I thought we were back in N.Y. but we mad the best of it and that was go to Universal Studios. So off to US at 10am and we went straight to the mummy ride (oh my gosh ) was that a good ride. 2nd we went to see twister and that was a great show and scary too. 3rd we did jaws (wow) that was great too I loved it my daughter screamed the whole time and after we were off but she got over it. 4th some of my family did Back to the future and didn't really like it. Next we ate pizza and headed to take pictures with characters. After picture taken we took the kids to kid zone seen Animal Planet Live cute show then off to E.T adventure which was great and fun. I just had to buy a picture.
We took the kids to do woody wood but while on line the coaster got stuck at the top for at least 5 minutes and I had to call my husband and tell him to get off of line there were kids crying and screaming. Well we tried to do shrek 4-d, Nickeloden Studios, and Jimmy Neutron but there were no more fastpasses at 10am so we said well wait until later in the day for the line to die down but that didn't work we just said forget it.

April 15, 2004- IOA

We left a little late today because we are so exhausted and our feet were hurting from all that walking we did all week so off to IOA at 11am and arrive at 11:30 with a cooler and sandwiches in all of our backpacks beacause we notice we were spending alot of money for food drinks and we had plenty to go around all week but just didn't want to bring it. So we get to the line were you have to get your bag checked and they tell us we cant bring it in the park. No coolers and no food! Well guess what I talked to the Manager at guess services and told him we had to many children and spent to much money to not bring in a cooler and sandwiches in our bag and we was not leaving or bring our stuff to the car because we drove all the way from n.y to florida to have fun and this was not my idea of fun. So he cut us some slack and let us bring it in the park. So straight to spiderman we go and on the way there we seen the marvel super heros (great). So spiderman was a 25 minute wait but well worth it. Then to the hulk we go and we got fastpasses for 7:25pm and it was only 12:30pm so in the mean time we went to doctor doom's fearfall (oh my gosh) I almost thought I was going to go to the hospital my heart is still in the air. Then my husband wanted to do Storm Force Accelatron and he said it was o.k it just felt like the tea cups. Then off to the character picture taking with spiderman, storm, and wolverine which was a blast. The kids really enjoyed that. Then off to take the kids to Suess Landing wow oh wow was this the best place all the candy you want all the characters were there the caro-seuss-el was fun but the the cat in the hat was the best ride. I took my 1yr old son on this ride and he loved it I thought he was going to cry but he surprised me. My daughter got sick after the ride and was done for the day but then saw one fish, two fish ride and changed her mind. Then some of us wanted to ride popeye and bluto and got soaked so we said enough of toon lagon and off to last but not least the lost continent. Wow the juraasic park river adventure was a big surprise to the whole family we thought we were going threw a boring ride until the end when we plunged so far from the air (big surprise). Then dueling and dragons that was a great coaster but not better than the hulk. Which we did last and was well worth the wait. Next we went to the shop were they sell marvel items and shoped a little. Then to the hotel we go.

April 16, 2004 check- out

Well we were supposed to check out off the hotel but had so much fun and was so tired to drive that we stayed another day and left saturday morning around 12am. We just relaxed at the pool and in the hotel sleep a little and of to N.Y. we went.

April 17, 2004 back to N.Y

Well what a big surprise in N.Y when we arrived it was 70 degrees at 9pm in the night.

April 18, 2004 in N.Y

Another surprise is it's 80 degrees today wow isn't that great so we din't really leave the weather behind just the park. BOhooooo

Well everyone that's my trip report and I Thank You for reading.

MKCP 1985

Reading through the opening paragraphs of your report was a great reminder that something WILL always go WRONG, and it is what you do next that determines whether you have a good trip.

Glad the rental car disaster didn't get you down too bad! Trying to coordinate the schedules of 20 family members had to be a major challenge - was that fun?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom