Tikis in Adventureland

Tip Top Club

This is simply not true.

Le Sigh....Not trying to start an argument. Just in my observation I have NEVER seen them on until recently and have been visiting the parks regularly for about 2 years now (on a weekly basis). I'm open to the idea that I have gotten unlucky with them, but I doubt it. Either way, still not trying to start an argument. Please resume your regularly scheduled foruming.

pumpkin7

if 2 years is your window, they were working in august 2010 because my husband was the only adult standing in the area, and he looked like a plonker with lots of kids around him lol. as was mr camel!
it's like, 'ooo look, i wonder why there is water on the floor' SPLAT hehe.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I go to the Magic Kingdom all the time and the only time I can remember the Tikis not working is when the weather was too cold to enjoy being wet.

I recall them working last May when we were there, because we (mistakenly) let our son get soaked. They were working in October as well. I will say they were off when we visited right after New Year's, but it was also very cold that day......

dreamscometrue

Odd that they would wait for the coldest time of the year to get a water feature fixed.

There is no 'cold' time...it's Florida. You want to see cold, I'll show you cold. :wave:

Wait, you said 'coldest'. There is a 'coldest' time I guess, relative to all the other times of the year in Florida. Okay, it is the coldest time. :)

Btw, they were working when we were there in 2010 and 2011. I'm sure that weather does play a part in when they are on.

COProgressFan

Quick question. Am I correct at saying, back in the day, there was fire torches in adventureland? I thought there was when I was a kid.

Yes, you are correct. It has probably been about 8-10 years or so (?) that the torches near the Tiki Room have been off. If I recall, they were turned off about the same time as the burning cabin in Frontierland was as a cost cutting measure. It's a shame becuase they really added to the ambiance. You can still see the (unlit) torches over the Sunshine Tree Terrace.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, July 14, 2018. The Adventureland Tiki head misters were missing for most of 2018, with a set of wooden boxes placed over the foundations. They are back now, working, and freshly painted.

IMG_0604.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom