Tiki Room Questions

nrose101

Original Poster
Does anyone know the year that the Tiki Room switched to the new show? Also was the orinigally tiki room opened when Disney World opened or afterwards? Thanks

Testtrack321

The Tiki Room (or the Enchanted Searanade) opened with the whole park in 1971 and then changed it's name to the Tiki Room and was rehabed and opened in 1996.

Pippa

I never got to see the old one but I'll take your word for it, I am a bit of a late starter for WDW. Didn't start going until I was 24!!!!!!

nikechic

Originally posted by Testtrack321
The Tiki Room (or the Enchanted Searanade) opened with the whole park in 1971 and then changed it's name to the Tiki Room and was rehabed and opened in 1996.

And with in the last week it has been taken over by WDWFREAK53. He has changed the name to the Freaky Room.:lol: :lol: :lol:

josenk

Originally posted by Pippa
I never got to see the old one but I'll take your word for it, I am a bit of a late starter for WDW. Didn't start going until I was 24!!!!!!

To get the feeling for the old show.
Tape the part "in the tiki tiki tiki room..." and play it back for 20 minutes... :lol:

Please don't trash me on that comment... I actually liked the old tiki room!

Sherm00

i don't know why disney can't mix the old show and the new. example, you go in one time and it's the old show, you go in another and it's the new show. would be unique and you never know what you are going to get.

Lovecraft

It would probably be pretty expensive and a plain nightmare to try that.

Most of the animatronics in the tiki room are old style, non computer controlled, I believe.

If the show were completely computer controlled it wouldn't be too big a deal.

mr snrub

as far as the name, i thought it was the enchanted tiki room, which is also the tropical serenade.

but i could be wrong

EDIT: and as far as computers go, the old tiki room HAD to be on computers by the time it was through with its 40 something year run.

dox

My vote for the new! Last few times I visited when the old Tiki Birds were playing, we walked out. I remember the last two times i went in, we couldn't remember the entire show just the beginning and some small parts throughout. Once the show started we remembered why we disliked it and promptly got out as did alot of people. Very rude... I know, but I was outvoted.
I really enjoyed it as a kid in the seventies but once i approached 10, forget it. My family always detested that show and would only go in to please me. CBJ on the other hand stands the test of time.
I realize walt created it, but even walt was open to change and trashing old rides. He did it throughout the history of DL. I think the new one has just the right touch of irreverence and nolstagia and still makes great use of walt's original ideas and AA animation.

Grumpy56

From what I understand (mind you I have no actual experience with this) in order to truly appreciate the old Tiki Room you need to have some sort of psycedelic enhancement. So it probably has outlived it's time. Still I prefer the DL version. Call me old-fashioned if you will:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom